Mounting scope on Ann Model BH

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
Yeee-owwww!

:shock:

OK, now you know my reaction. All it takes to mount a scope is to get the mounts installed on that beautiful flat top strap.

I doubt anyone makes the mounts, at this time, though. I dunno, though.

flatgate

DGW1949

Hunter
If no one makes a specific mount, you can always buy generic flat bottomed 2-PC mounts and fit them to the top-strap as reguired.
But if you don't have both the experience and the equipment, I'd highly recomend that scope mounting be farmed-out to a professional.
In either event, be prepaired to watch the value of your gun drop like a rock.

That's just my .02....and the last part was free.

DGW

JustKev

Bearcat
"be prepared to watch the value of your gun drop like a rock"

That's what I was afraid of. Ain't no way I want to decrease the value of what is a fine firearm. Now if this damned ammo shortage would ease up so I can find more than one box of ammo at a time.....

maybe, you can "modify" one of them "No Gunsmith" (clamp on mounts) used on the Blackhawks?????it clamps up, in front of the receiver, on the barrel, and in the rear, goes into the rear sight "slot" screws into the elevation screw hole................have to look at BOTH , at the same time...where there is a will, there is a way......................NO,do NOT drill and tap and mount any flat bottom, one piece or such, base to the 'top strap'.......think the boys would have you 'tarred & feathered' ......somewhere down the line, future generations will scoff at and call You NAMES.......... 8) :roll: :shock:

sixshot

Buckeye
Check with Dan at Edge Custom, he makes a nifty no drill mount that repalces the rear sight, I'm using one on my 357 Maximum & it works great. Just got another one to put on my 10" 44 magnum.

Dick

tek4260

Buckeye
Why not modify it and make it yours? Collector value? There are more out there than are willing buyers. Just look at the wholesalers. Just make it how ya want it :D

On a side note, I'd rather D/T than use a no drill mount.