More Old Army's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
Would be curious to know what models they have and how high the sn's go in this run (for the adj. sight and fixed sight guns).
Any BP5 or KBP5?
Chet15

rugerlovah

Single-Sixer
its a shame they won't ship directly to your house, still have to go through a dealer even though it isnt an FFL transfer

edcknives

Bearcat
Where are all these so called clean up guns coming from? It appears that Ruger has started manufacturing these guns again. It is hard to believe that all of these are from left over parts. There are dealers on several sights selling them as well. It is fine with me, since they never should have DC'd them the first place, considering the beauty and niche they fill that no one can realistically compete with. It would be nice for some clarification only for people who end up paying a lot to get into one of these believing they are not being made anymore. The eight I have acquired over the years I fortunately purchased at reasonable prices by being careful. But there appears to be some misrepresentation going on here or not. To get a good honest price for some of these, check out Levergun1 postings on Gunbroker. He got his from Davidson's I am pretty sure and has some priced for "buy it now" at well below the MSRP posted on Davidson's. I got a couple of mine from him a while back and highly recommend him.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
edcknives":zlun274b said:
Where are all these so called clean up guns coming from? It appears that Ruger has started manufacturing these guns again. It is hard to believe that all of these are from left over parts. There are dealers on several sights selling them as well. It is fine with me, since they never should have DC'd them the first place, considering the beauty and niche they fill that no one can realistically compete with. It would be nice for some clarification only for people who end up paying a lot to get into one of these believing they are not being made anymore. The eight I have acquired over the years I fortunately purchased at reasonable prices by being careful. But there appears to be some misrepresentation going on here or not. To get a good honest price for some of these, check out Levergun1 postings on Gunbroker. He got his from Davidson's I am pretty sure and has some priced for "buy it now" at well below the MSRP posted on Davidson's. I got a couple of mine from him a while back and highly recommend him.

I'd like to know the answers to your questions also, but may get one from Davidsons anyway.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
According to Davidsons, these are new old stock, and these are not being returned to production.

Latest posts