More frustration with AT&T:

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
We had two Go-Phones from AT&T, pay as you go deal. Pay $100 per year, any extra carries over, so some credit is built up. With Nita's death, I wanted to cancel her 'phone and transfer her balance over to my phone. She had a balance of about $140 on her phone. So, a call to Customer Service (In the case of AT&T, an oxymoron if I ever encounter one.) was in order. Twice they simply hung up on me, while they tried to get me to push one of several option buttons, none of which were relevant in my case. After only forty-five minutes was I able to get the transfer done.

The best way to contact AT&T is by mail. May take a mite longer, but less frustrating! That is, if it gets through.

Bob Wright

Had nothing but problems with AT&T. They ceased supplying 'land lines' in my area early last year. We switched to Verizon. Then we recieved a notice from them that we owed them for several months service. We sent them copies of the 'final paid bill'. They then send use a notification from some lawyer. Phone conversartions were getting us nowhere. We had to physically go to an AT&T store, show them all the paperwork, and still received another nasty-gram from the lawyer. We then sent copies of all the paperwork to the law offices. Took about three months for all the maneuvering to be completed.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
Funny you mentioned that I went to Att last week to look at a new phone, take a number and wait, I did not wait or get a phone.

We have Att, I hate talking to them. You are correct, it is so frustrating to deal with their so called customer service.

I might suggest going into one of their stores. Ab AT&T store, NOT one of the 3rd party retail locations, which look identical to the actual “factory” store. But you will get better, more direct help.

ProfessorWes

Hunter
I had AT&T phone/internet when I still lived in the KC area. Frequent phone and Internet dropouts - the junction box down by the street in front of my apartment complex tended to flood during heavy rains - and when I moved down to the lake, it took me three months to get them to cancel my service at the old address in Independence. "What part of I no longer live there do you not understand?!"

Worst customer service by far of anybody I've ever dealt with.

gunzo

Buckeye
We just went through 2 week ordeal with AT&T. They get their hooks in you & then they don't much care.
A person should probably distance themselves from them IMO.

I will say this in support of AT&T, they at least have a phone number you can call.

Some of the other phone companies don’t list any phone numbers to talk with a live person at all. They want everything done over the internet…

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I will say this in support of AT&T, they at least have a phone number you can call.

Some of the other phone companies don’t list any phone numbers to talk with a live person at all. They want everything done over the internet…
Getting to talk with a live person was like pulling hen's teeth!

My parents live down in Arizona, but for years I’ve had a cell phone for them on my account. A couple months ago they needed a new phone. The old one didn’t work any more.

I cannot express to you how difficult it was for me to get my mother to go to the AT&T store. Then having the store call me to find out all this information about my account to set up her new phone (Apple iPhone) The store was confused, my mom couldn’t answer any of the questions. Just crazy how in this day and age, such a large company can be so difficult to understand.

I can fully appreciate what you went through to combine the minutes from two different phones. What a mess I’m sure that was.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
I had problems with another of the bell systems (now centurylink) on a cancellation.
I sent them a payment, in full, and wrote on the statement "CANCEL service". Next
month I was billed again, and ignored it. Come the next month they billed me again.

I got pissed and went to the Feds and filed a complaint. The reply that I got was that
centurylink claimed they had not received notification. I asked how it was that they
cashed my check, if they didn't receive it?

Long story shorter, it was over two years before they ceased billing me.
(you mean someone FINALLY figured out it was costing THEM more to continue,
than the bill was for?)

I also switched to Verizon, until I found out how badly you get screwed there.
Same service I had with Verizon now costs me 1/4th what they were charging.

We were with At&t for cell phones for YEARS. About 2 years ago I finally got fed up with their high prices, incomprehensible bills, and terrible customer service. I moved our numbers to Consumer Cellular, on a no-contract basis. It costs 1/3 of what we were paying At&t and their customer service people are in the USA, not New Delhi…they’re courteous, helpful, and speak “American”.

Ka6otm

Blackhawk
I was with Verizon for around 20 years with no problems.

A fast talking AT&T guy convinced me to switch over and after I'd switched and it was too late, I found out he'd lied to me. Not once, but twice.

So at the end of this year I'll be going back to Verizon and not looking back.

Latest posts