Montana woman shoots a husky ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Well if it really was sorta attacking her I could maybe see shooting it, but to be dumb enough to skin it out and post it on
social media??? Lets all hope see doesn't have any children.

Snake45

Hawkeye
p4n66.jpg

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Unlawful mistakes must be paid for. Lot of stupid people everywhere, suprising they can figure out how to post ther results on socal media

protoolman

Hunter
I've seen Montana fish&game biologists fight over if an animal is a wolf a dog or a cross so I don't blame her a bit. And in my days in law enforcement in Montana a dog is just property after all so the most that usually could be done is for the owner to sue for the value of the dog. Shooting is considered humane by even veterinarians so no cruelty to animals could be charged for instance. If the dog was off the owners property probably nothing even a civil lawsuit would be successful.

protoolman

Hunter
After reading the article I think she acted totally lawfully. Dog in the wilderness, part of a pack dumped there,acting threatening needs to be removed, even if she knew it was a dog. Montana even has a law that says a cattle owner is justified in shooting any dog seen harassing his cattle for instance. You all do know the Blackfeet Indians there still skin and eat dogs on occasion don't you? Whoever dumped the pack of dogs is who should have been prosecuted. I love my dog but wild dogs not at all. In my time living in that part of Montana I legally will admit to shooting more than one dog. Standard law response to a vicious dog used to be shoot the dog not in the head because you had to send the head to the state veterinary program at the university to be tested for rabies. If no one was bitten you didn't have to send in the head. If the owner came forward they had no ground to stand on as their dog was running at large.

Mobuck

Hawkeye
" If the owner came forward they had no ground to stand on as their dog was running at large."
And the owner could be liable for any damages that the animal had caused.
In MO, a 'hunting dog' is immune from trespass laws but not from damages done while trespassing. A landowner cannot kill or injure a hunting dog unless it has caused damage or presents a threat(and the 'threat' had better be on video). I've witnessed some very tense confrontations between 'hound men' and landowners over the interpretation of this law.

vito

Hunter
Convenient that her story about being attacked did not surface until after she was criticized for shooting a dog. My guess is that this dog was coming toward her because the dog trusted humans to take care of dogs, and she shot it with about as much skill as someone "hunting" a dairy cow.

Hawk-in-Wi

Buckeye
She did a good thing other than posting it on Facebook
whether it was a dog or a wolf, it was as they said ( 19 dogs being dropped 11 miles into the wilderness ) going to be a problem , it would have turned wild and killed anything it could to eat or have been killed and eaten,, so either way it's better off dead

A bunch of y’all didn’t read the article. It was a feral dog, that had been dumped 11 miles in the wilderness. Her actions are fine in my book. Whomever dumped those dogs need to be prosecuted.
gramps
I read the article. For me it wasn't quite so much shooting it ( medium/high stupid level even for today ) but all the "afterwards". How dumb do you have to be after checking over the dead puppy, to skin it out and proudly post about shooting a wolf pup?
Hope she took a picture with her of what a bear looks like, wouldn't want to shoot a cow by mistake.