Model of 1917

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sagebrush

Bearcat
Beautiful Remington Eddystone Model 1917. Non sporterized. Good bore.

Located in Portland, Oregon, metro area.

$500

Sagebrush

Bearcat
110453. The smudges on the photo were my editing attempt to make an XX out of the last two numbers.

It was manufactured in December 1917 with the barrel dated 6-18

Sagebrush

Bearcat
Thanks, Craig. I appreciate the suggestion.

I felt that on a board of gun enthusiasts the name "Model of 1917" would be sufficient since the "of" differentiates this rifle from other firearms with "1917" in the name. And "Model of 1917" is the name by which the rifle is known (BTW, it was the most common rifle used by American troops in WWI).

In any case, I have found that I am often pleasantly surprised when the listing doesn't turn out to be what I had expected in reading the title.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Sagebrush said:
I felt that on a board of gun enthusiasts the name "Model of 1917" would be sufficient since the "of" differentiates this rifle from other firearms with "1917" in the name. And "Model of 1917" is the name by which the rifle is known (BTW, it was the most common rifle used by American troops in WWI).
I think that may be a bit of a reach anywhere but a milsurp forum. :wink:

Sagebrush

Bearcat
I don't see that the title is a big deal one way or the other since this is just a listing of classified ads.

All I'm trying to do is to sell off my gun collection to help support myself since I've been out of work for a year and a half and am really struggling. Since I have been a member of Ruger Forum for a decade I thought this would be a good place to post some ads.

Please suggest a title you think would be adequate.

street

Hunter
As your title clearly states "Model of 1917", and your picture clearly shows this stamped on the receiver. Then I can't see how there could be anything wrong with your title. There is only so much room to list the title and plenty of room to describe your gun in the listing. In most cases there can be improvement on one's ad, but in your case, I can not see any room for improvement. JOB WELL DONE!!!!! :roll:

kevin masten

Blackhawk
Has the rifle been rebarred? I see the lend/lease stamp on the receiver. A lot of these rifles do not have their original barrels and that affects the price. Some were rebarreled by marlin. It will the markings just behind the front sight .

Thznkd

CraigC

Hawkeye
It was just a suggestion. Putting "Eddystone" (or Remington or Winchester if that was the maker, would be helpful for those looking for 1917 rifles) would've been sufficient. I know I wasn't the only one expecting to see a Colt or S&W.

It's nice to see that street still cares enough to argue with me at ANY opportunity.

street

Hunter
CraigC said:
It was just a suggestion. Putting "Eddystone" (or Remington or Winchester if that was the maker, would be helpful for those looking for 1917 rifles) would've been sufficient. I know I wasn't the only one expecting to see a Colt or S&W.

It's nice to see that street still cares enough to argue with me at ANY opportunity.
Oh! believe me I have turned down many, many opportunity to argue with you. Just about anytime you type something to bestow your vast knowledge :lol: on someone you leave plenty of opportunity for me. In this case you were so far out in left field that more then just me replied to you. An I too am glad you think enough of me to single me out of all the others that did reply. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jmfc606

Single-Sixer
I knew what the seller meant and I knew when I clicked on the listing I would see a P17 Enfield. Anyway OP on the price. I just picked one up in the same shape with the original bayonet, bayonet scabbard, and original sling for $425. The Shop was asking $495. I also bought 2 other rifles at the same time so I'm sure I got a package deal. Not sayin your's is out of line on price just passing on information.Yours is worth the $500 all day long to the right buyer (ie someone who needs one to fill out a collection). You may have to put it on auction or a forum with alot of C&R people to get your price. JMHO

Sagebrush

Bearcat
Thanks, Joe. Yes, I think I have it priced fairly and am not in a hurry. I might take your suggestion and post it on some C&R sites if it doesn't move here.

I like Ruger Forum and have bought and sold several guns here over the past seven or eight years. Those have dealt with me, know I'm a straight-up guy.

I have more to post when I have a chance to take some pics. Here are a few:
Remington BDL .30-06 with a Zeiss scope
CZ-75 9 mm
Beretta O/U 12 ga
TC Greyhawk .50
Savage SMLE .303
Marlin 60 .22
Glock 21 .45acp
Glock 22 .40 S&W