MKIII-22/45 Magazine same as MKII?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OGC5

Bearcat
Purchased a Mint 22/45 MKIII Hunter SS (Red Eagle) from local shop. Had only one smooth magazine with it but fired 20 rounds no problem. Purchased another Mag.(Ruger new in box) marked 22/45 MK III. It has a window cut out but also fires fine. I think the old smooth one is from a MKII as I saw one like it in a factory pkg. that looked the same. Mag release seems to work OK. What's going on here? Comments?
OGC5 :?

ddd482

Single-Sixer
i have both kinds too- and never could figure out the differance- i always thought it had something to do with the mag disconnect- but both styles work in all my 22/45's

OGC5

Bearcat
ddd482":3bemtyr1 said:
i have both kinds too- and never could figure out the differance- i always thought it had something to do with the mag disconnect- but both styles work in all my 22/45's
:) Just received this email from Ruger.......This cut out on the top left side of the magazine is a clearance cut for the MKIII trigger. There is a chance the magazine without the cut may not allow the trigger to be pulled from time to time.

Ruger also said to send the MK II back and they would exchange it. I am kind of upset at whoever put the MK II mag in my pistol before I purchased it. Perhaps the gun shop or the previous owner in any event I ASSUMED it was the correct factory part.
OGC5

OGC5

Bearcat
My 22/45 MK III was having magazine removal problems so I returned it to Prescott. 10 days later I got it back and it works like a champ now.
Fired off 50 Rounds perfect and mags pull out smooth. :D
OGC5