MkIII 22/45 Barrel wont' budge - Help

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mx5fan

Bearcat
I've been trying to remove the barrel from my 22/45 and no go. I've used a rubber mallet and tapped on the back end of the barrel, tapped a little harder and it still won't budge??? Any other suggestions short of taking it into a smitty.

Thanks

GhosT

Blackhawk
snobord99 made sense.

"Don't think tap. Think SMACK."

My 22/45.....HAD TO SMACK the first time....
Note talking rubber mallet...lol
Hit it hard with rubber, won't damage,
afterwords should separate easily.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
You said you were tapping the back end of the barrel. Well, just to clarify, the barrel has a muzzle end, and a chamber end. I'm assuming you are actually tapping the back of the RECIEVER which is what the chamber end of the barrel is screwed into.

mx5fan

Bearcat
contender":usli130j said:
Welcome to the Forum!
You said you were tapping the back end of the barrel. Well, just to clarify, the barrel has a muzzle end, and a chamber end. I'm assuming you are actually tapping the back of the RECIEVER which is what the chamber end of the barrel is screwed into.

Ok, guys...I'll give it a damn good "smack" and see what happens. I'll let you know.

Contender, thank you and Yes, you are correct, I am tapping the back end of the receiver.

zenbiker

Bearcat
Remove the magazine! The receiver will not come off with the magazine in place.

steveinaz

Single-Sixer
I've been using this method for over 20 years:

-Find a concrete floor
-Place a once folded over bath towel on the floor
-Place the back-end of the gun against the towel
-While using your left hand to hold the upper, push down with your right hand on the grip frame

Poof, it's off. I replace the upper the same way with the muzzle end down on the towel. Snaps right into place. No banging.

Latest posts