MKII picture thread

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I like the 22/45 (and 50th anniversary model) bolts as well. However I've never figured out if there is a rhyme or reason to which bolt Ruger puts on a particular pistol. My KP512 has a stainless bolt and I have two KP678s, one with a blue bolt and one with stainless?

eveled

Hawkeye
It is perplexing.

Are you certain they are all from the factory in those configurations?

Someone here posted they had a 2 piece bolt separate. They were told at the time it was the last MKII bolt left. When they received the gun back it had a stainless bolt with the logo engraved. Lucky. Lucky.

I like the way the 5 1/4" target models handle.

IMG_2573_0001 1.jpg

kean57

Single-Sixer
I think this is a MKII. It's early 1980's given to me by my neighbor shortly before he passed away. All I did was clean it. I'm leaving it worn. The knife was a gift from him too but it was so badly worn I had to restore it to be able to use it.
That's a Standard (fixed- sight model). If it had a bull-barrel and adjustable sights, it would be a Mark I. If it had a bolt hold-open, and tapered relief cuts on the rear of the receiver, it would be a Mark II.

kean57

Single-Sixer
I like the 22/45 (and 50th anniversary model) bolts as well. However I've never figured out if there is a rhyme or reason to which bolt Ruger puts on a particular pistol. My KP512 has a stainless bolt and I have two KP678s, one with a blue bolt and one with stainless?
It's actually dependent on when your 22/45 was manufactured. All of the early production 22/45s were produced with blued bolts. As the years passed, Ruger eventually began manufacturing stainless bolts for stainless receiver guns.

Dave Schwaab

Single-Sixer
I think this is a MKII. It's early 1980's given to me by my neighbor shortly before he passed away. All I did was clean it. I'm leaving it worn. The knife was a gift from him too but it was so badly worn I had to restore it to be able to use it.

F66-C59-AA-9866-4-F4-F-B412-86020356-D652.jpg

5563-A656-96-D1-4-D67-9-D0-A-E2-A9-CAE9-A2-C6.jpg

Your gun looks like a Mark I, actually just called Standard at the time it was made. If it had adjustable sights, it would be a Target model. The Mark II had several improvements to this original design, including a bolt stop lever, relief cuts ahead of the bolt ears and a 10 round magazine. The butt plate visible in your pic looks like it might be an original 9 round mag with the crimped on butt plate.

My Dad had one. I, personally, prefer the Mark IIs, because I think those improvements pretty much perfected the gun.

Here is my small collection of .22 semi-autos. The 4 Mark IIs provide a variety of different shooting options, and that SR22 is my bow to modern semi-autos. I do like the DA/SA trigger, and would carry it in Condition 2 for self-defense (IF New Jersey would allow it).

1688317105165.png

Nothing wrong with a RST4 or RST6! Here is a KMK4 and KMK6 with a FrankenRuger version of the KMK4BL. The FrankenRuger is a 22/45 upper on a stainless lower. They have a habit of multiplying! I think the Mark 2 is the best version of all with the original as my 2nd choice. The Mark 3 is a lawyer's special and I have never used a Mark 4 so I can't comment on it.
1008211734.jpg

I guess I like it's the most basic of all time Standard. I wouldn't have bought it, but it's priceless to me.