MKII Hawkeye Compact

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stumps13

Single-Sixer
I recently saw a 243 in the Ruger Hawkeye Compact and I am wondering does anyone have any pros or cons on this gun. I am considering the 7MM-08 but looking for any info that one might have. :wink: :wink:

Merry Christmas

Ewalker

Bearcat
I don't know about the ruger compact but the first deer I ever shot was with a Remington 600 mohawk in a .243 and I sure wish I had that rifle. I don't know what you will be using the rifle for but I know here you can find .243 shells almost every where but not so much 7-08. jmo

Ctomp1974

Bearcat
I have a BAR chambered in .243 and its a great round. I'm confident with it from whitetail to smaller game. It's really accurate. I'm not familiar with the compact Ruger.

Good luck,
Clint

dirt1

Bearcat
My wife uses a Ruger compact in .243 for whitetails here in Wisconsin. It is a great little rifle. I like it so much that I ended up getting my 12 year old son a Ruger frontier in 7mm-08. It has the same stock dims. but a little larger diameter barrel. And the scout mount. They are both great rifles to carry and both are very accurate. The only word of caution I would give is when your on the bench keep a good hold of it. The compact is just light enough that the scope will give you a nice little kiss if it is mounted far enough back. My wife is small (5' - short arms) so the scope sits back pretty good. It has got me a couple of times.

APEXDUCK

Single-Sixer
I recently swapped some stuff and funded this Ruger Frontier in 7mm-08 for me and my boys to share. I went with the scout set up verses the compact model because I like the scope set up. Very pleased with this gun so far.

RugerFrontierRiflein7mm-08.jpg

APEXDUCK

kooz

Blackhawk
I have a .308 compact and love it ! I will never lug around a full size rifle again while hunting here in Colorado. Mine will do 3/4" groups with factory fusion ammo and will hold 1" with several of my handloads.