MKII 10” front sight height???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BearStopper

Blackhawk
Are all the screw on front sight heights the same on the Target/Competition models? Mine is the 10" bull barrel and somebody removed front and rear sights and it is wearing a Burris 2x scope. I will probably go with an aftermarket rear or the newer version of the Ruger rear sight but I want both a target front like it originally had or the current version and I want to try a fiber optic front. I just am not a pistol scope guy.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
BearStopper said:
Are all the screw on front sight heights the same on the Target/Competition models? Mine is the 10" bull barrel and somebody removed front and rear sights and it is wearing a Burris 2x scope. I will probably go with an aftermarket rear or the newer version of the Ruger rear sight but I want both a target front like it originally had or the current version and I want to try a fiber optic front. I just am not a pistol scope guy.

Don't take anything for granted involving the Mark II rear sight and what Ruger calls the "Black Out" rear sight version:
xPoicXfl.jpg

Assumptions don't cut it. You would need to get a front sight of the proper width and height for the Mark II 10-inch tapered barrel version that goes along with the adjustable rear sight blade notch width, 0.090 inch.
The rear adjustable sight for any of the Mark I, II or III will work with the correct blade, and the correct front sight.
To be sure of a match-up, you would most likely need to get, and specify, the front and rear sight set-up as on the Ruger Mark IV, and hope for the best.

mes9YkIt.png