MK III "Standard" Sights?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Zorba

Bearcat
I'm looking for ideas for a better visibility front sight for my 6" MK III "Standard". Seems most of the fiber optic (et al) sights are for bull barrels - both from Ruger directly as well as third party:

This one:
http://shopruger.com/Ruger-Mark-II-III-Tapered-Barrel-Fiber-Optic-Sight-Set/productinfo/12005/
... says its for tapered barreled guns - "with a 6-7/8" tapered barrel and adjustable rear sights." - which my gun has neither an adjustable rear sight, and its bbl is 6 inch, not 6-7/8".

I'm not necessarily/particularly looking to replace the rear sight - nor am I opposed to same. I'm just looking to improve visibility of the front sight - I've already put white paint on it which helps quite a bit.

Suggestions please...

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
Use BRIGHT yellow Testers paint on it.
Someday in the future you will suddenly realize that NO front sight shoots better or works so well as a stark black Patridge or undercut Patridge front sight.

raw6464

Bearcat
I just used the brightest orange nail polish I could find on the front site. Put a white paint base coat first for a finished brighter orange front site.

Zorba

Bearcat
That's a GREAT idea - I already have the white paint on it. I think I may have some nail polish that would be suitable. Thanx much, I'll give that a try - easy enough to do, easy enough to change.

Latest posts