Mk II question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Got a chance to buy a MK4BR (?) it think. it's a MKII 4" bull barrell with very nice walnut grips. I didn't want to handle it much because it might not let me go. It is one very nice gun. Looks unfired, and I believe it's from the mid-90's. The LGS wants $346 but may negotiate. I don't know these guns at all but understand they may be a limited run? Not made anymore in this configeration? It has box, manual and fired case so it is LNIB. What's your feedback?

berettapistols

Blackhawk
Well worth the asking price IMO..
That's cheaper than a MKIII standard currently..
I have seen the exact gun you describe & they look very handy indeed..
Good Luck!!
Gary/Hk

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
Probably a Lipsey's model. Does it have a gold trigger? I have one like it. Fun shooter. Some what scarce. I have seen the blued version go for over $400.00 and the stainless closs to $500.00.

1gunsnotenough":1j2f01um said:
Probably a Lipsey's model. Does it have a gold trigger? I have one like it. Fun shooter. Some what scarce. I have seen the blued version go for over $400.00 and the stainless closs to $500.00.

Yep, it sounds to me like a Lipsey's model, the MK4BL. If so, it should have a gold trigger and rosewood (IIRC) grips which are a little thicker than the usual factory plastic grips.

I have a couple of the KMK4BL (stainless version) and I think it's my favorite MKII configuration of all. Mine have silver medallions with the red background.

$346 sounds fair to me. The MKII prices keep going up, and this configuration is not very common.

Happy shopping!

Uncle Howie- I believe that's it, very nice grips and I think I remember a gold trigger. If it was stainless I would already have bought it. Sure is a handy looking pistol. It does have the red medallions.
I'll be back there on Tuesday to look and negotiate.

22bond

Single-Sixer
It would be a good deal especially if you can negotiate a lower price.
Paid $350 (include shipping) LNIB too - last few months of last yr.