Mk I with 10/22 barrel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Win1892

Bearcat
I've got a Mk I pistol with a 10/22 barrel that is about 16" long. It is a flawless build with blue that rivals anything I've ever seen even on my Pythons. Just curious if anyone has ever seen/done anything like this [
DSC_0171.jpg
[/img]

Win1892

Bearcat
I bought it as is at the big Houston show about 4 years ago. It has a red dot laser mounted on a machined block added to the barrel. Looks like someone threaded the barrel and fitted it to the receiver. They also filled the factory rear sight dovetail.

Elmer

Bearcat
That is wild! Why did you do that? Does it shoot nice? Can you shoot it one-handed?

Win1892

Bearcat
If it has big thumbrest grips on it, it balances like my 10" bull barrel MKII. The long sight radius makes it very accurate.

wndrbob

Bearcat
Wow now thats cool. you must get lots of strange looks at the range seems unfair though barrel so close to the target...LOL

Rob72

Bearcat
Kurt (or Kirk?) Schott did some interesting projects like that, in Wichita. Don't remember if I'm spelling his name correctly, but he made a Smith 686 with something like a 14" barrel in the early/mid 90s.

Redstick

Single-Sixer
I've seen some AMT LIGHTNING's with LOOOOOOOOOOONG Barrels! They were Stainless and I think the longest was 16".

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I'd try a Browning Buckmark 'Silhouette' front stock, and build up the channel from there. Of course, a section of any good 10/22 factory stock would serve as the same starting point.

Nice conversion. I want one.

kitkin

Bearcat
Win1892":2ai7x9mm said:
I've got a Mk I pistol with a 10/22 barrel that is about 16" long. It is a flawless build with blue that rivals anything I've ever seen even on my Pythons. Just curious if anyone has ever seen/done anything like this [
DSC_0171.jpg
[/img]
Just one question
WHY?

hr2lrn

Single-Sixer
kitkin":3eqdknob said:
Win1892":3eqdknob said:
DSC_0171.jpg
[/img]
Just one question
WHY?

Because!

chet15

Hawkeye
The neatest Mark I long barrel conversion I've ever seen was made to look like a Luger Carbine. Very well done!!
Chet15

careful guys when you start "adding stocks" and swapping barrels, making rifles out of pistols and vice-versa,there are 'Federal LAWS , regulating this.........hate to see some-one get caught up in a "bust" ( and we ain;t talking 'Victorias' Secret' either.... 8)
you have NO clue just who (whom ) may be 'watching'.... :wink: