Mk I with 10/22 barrel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
AFAIK there are no federal limits on barrel length for a handgun (no shoulder stock appendage). I like the conversion for some twisted reason. Probably a sling arrangement in lieu of toting around a holster as long as your leg.

A horizontal fore-end of nice walnut would be my suggestion ala Buckmark Silhouette-style (with bipod opportunity). Then matching walnut grip panels. And an appropriate scope for aging eyes.

It'd be a fun variant for those barking 'rats up in the tops of ancient oaks. But here in MI you have to hunt squirrels with your feet on the ground.

Anyone know of a 'smith who would put out such a package? I've a few 10/22 barrels lying about...

wd4ins

Bearcat
Hey Win1892, Cool Gun! I think if were mine I would have to quote Cleavon Little in Blazing Saddles when I took it to the range. "Pardon me while I whip this out" :lol:

Snake45

Hawkeye
edlmann":2o4ia49l said:
I vaguely remember that in the '80s, you could buy a stock that didn't attach to the frame, but would "nestle" the MkI grip frame. Anyone have a pic of one of these?
I remember those. Tried to find one several years ago and apparently they're out of bidness.

But why mess with one of those for this gun? If the barrel is 16.1" long (and it seems to be), you can go ahead and put an attached stock on the thing. Do it! :wink:

Latest posts