Mis marked Speed Six on Gunbroker.com with Ruger letter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Terry T

Buckeye
An previously unknown (to me) mis marked (marked 'Police Service Six') GS-32P (Speed Six) is listed for sale on Gunbroker.com.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=364994452

Even more interesting to me is the letter from Steve Vogel stating "A few frames left our factory with this Service-Six rollmarking, but your revolver is actually a Speed Six." :shock:

This statement is very significant because it addresses the issue of whether or not these were square butt guns ground into round butts. This statement speaks to a roll mark error and not to a grinding project! :shock:

Terry T

Terry T

Buckeye
"flattop44",
I'd love to but.....limited gun fund is currently allocated to another pending deal. :D
I personally have only 3 of the 13 Speed Sixs mis-marked as Police Service Sixs currently known (to me) including one of the (now) 4 known (to me) GS-32Ps. :oops:

Essentially, I and the Forum have the letter since the seller posted a photo and I was able to save it to my file and share it with the Forum. :D

This particular seller has top grade collectables, knows what he has, and expects top dollar.
Love to see someone in the Forum Family pick this one up.
Terry T

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Just an aside to note that the subject Vogel letter was prepared and signed for Vogel by Kim Pritula(see initials by Vogel signature) The point being that Ms Pritula was Vogel's Senior Support Staff and she conducted the vast majority of the research leading to the letter. I have similar documents from Mr Vogel, prepared and signed for him by Ms Pritula. To me, this proves the research results unimpeachable, being totally satisfactory and correct to Mr Vogel.(a reference to the lengthy and numerous posts regarding a 4 5/8" early Single Six.) 8)

I'm watching it Terry.

Like you, the gun money is kinda frozen because I'm committed to getting 5 of the Six series guns that were owned by D.K. Hummel so I'm saving my pennies for that purchase..

However, I have a few guns up for sale right now so maybe good things will happen in the near future. I would pay the premium for that gun, it is a great collectors item.

Terry T

Buckeye
Little surprised it went for so much although it was NIB w/Box. :shock:
Hope someone in the Forum Family picked it up. I don't recognize the Gunbroker.com name.

Sort of encouraging about the value of the three that I already have but sort of discouraging about being able to pick up any more.
Terry T

Well the bidding went kinda crazy there at the end.

I agree, but I'm seeing a real revival of interest in the Six series (and is definitely driving up the prices). There are a couple of guys on the other forum that are really getting into the hunt.

Terry T

Buckeye
Ron,
Thanks, took a look around over there - looks like a couple of serious double action collectors lurking there. Sounds from their posts that they have been here too. Must have different 'names' there.
Terry T

Terry, over there my name starts with Xring :wink:

And I'm even a different name on Gunbroker.

This (Rugerforum.com) was the first gun forum I ever joined and I didn't really know the ways of forums then, so I didn't think about a moniker. But, you know, this is just plain a comfortable forum to be a member of, lots of good people having a great time talking Rugers (and other subjects). I really enjoy the interaction with the guys and gals on this forum, it really is like a big family.