Mini-30

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Passtime

Bearcat
Anyone know where I might find a ten round mag spring for a 582 series Mini-30 or something compatible. I have searched the net and can only find springs for the Mini-14. One site listed a five round mag spring that fit both the Mini-14 and Mini-30. I am a little suspicious of that. I was thinking I could cut down a twenty round mag to fit but I have not been able to locate any of those either. Mine popped out in the woods. I found the bottom plate but not the spring. I would appreciate any info on the matter. FYI, I may post this same question on a few different forums.

Passtime said:
Anyone know where I might find a ten round mag spring for a 582 series Mini-30 or something compatible. I have searched the net and can only find springs for the Mini-14. One site listed a five round mag spring that fit both the Mini-14 and Mini-30. I am a little suspicious of that. I was thinking I could cut down a twenty round mag to fit but I have not been able to locate any of those either. Mine popped out in the woods. I found the bottom plate but not the spring. I would appreciate any info on the matter. FYI, I may post this same question on a few different forums.

Call Ruger Customer Service….

Good luck

Passtime

Bearcat
NH Rugerman>
Call Ruger Customer Service….

Good luck

I did. They sent me a brand new ten round mag. Which is great. Now I have a mag body and a bottom plate just laying around. If I can find a spring I can put it back in service. No big deal. Just something I wanted to try/do. Thanks for your response.