Mini 30

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dfletcher

Blackhawk
Am picking up a Ruger Mini 30 this week, it's the older skinny barrel version. I assume all Mini 30s directly accept Ruger scope rings, correct? Are front and rear rings the the same height and if not, what are the differences?

dfletcher

Blackhawk
mohavesam said:
Nice. The Mini-Thirty guns lose nothing to the orig. barrels IMO.

I always wondered about that, whether I'd have to fiddle around with it as I did my older Mini 14 - sent that to Accuracy Systems for a new barrel, gas block and other work. Good to hear that it should run OK. I ordered a heavy mainspring to ensure good ignition and will use the smallest 1 to 4X scope I can find.

I shoot lefty and this rifle carries a beautiful custom lefty stock with a slight cheek piece. It's the main reason I bought it. The rifle has been sitting at a LGS for about 4 years since I 1st tried to buy it. The owner had dropped it off for consignment, left no price on it and then disappeared. LGS tried to track him down, couldn't and eventually gave up. Then the guy showed back up, had been in Thailand since 2015 and had forgotten about the Mini. Finally got the OK to sell & amount. CA has a waiting period, but this is ridiculous. :)