Mini 30 STK62160 Suggestions (add ons)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jwrobel0398

Bearcat
Hello all,

I installed the above Tapco stock on my Mini 30 and am asking for your suggestions for the following add-ons utilizing the Picatinny rail system.

I would like to add a light, laser sight and optical sight and would appreciate any and/all suggestions.

I don't want to go broke in doing so but want the tools to get the job done when necessary.

Thanks,

John

jwrobel0398

Bearcat
mohavesam":2cws1wi8 said:
TP dispenser (for when they start shooting back).

You must be part of the, "they," how about an m203, "dispenser" do you think that would get my point across?

Not to Rag on you too bad but I would just pick out the cheapest of both. I'm not a fan of stacking stuff on a rifle especially lights cameras and stuff... Most of the red dot holographic sights are made by the same company in China and they just put a different name on it for the middle man. This is obvious if you look at them in a Catalog like from Midway and they are all pictured on the same page. Same for most high intensity lights.

I think if you every really needed to use the mini-30 for something serious you'd find all those things just in the way and take them off.

But then I'm an Iron sight kind of guy. My goal right now is to be able to be pretty good, 80+%, at being able to hit a 'man size' target at 500 yards with a good rifle using iron sights...

I'm getting close. I ordered my standard Military Slings yesterday.

jwrobel0398

Bearcat
blume357":1y4jjrnp said:
Not to Rag on you too bad but I would just pick out the cheapest of both. I'm not a fan of stacking stuff on a rifle especially lights cameras and stuff... Most of the red dot holographic sights are made by the same company in China and they just put a different name on it for the middle man. This is obvious if you look at them in a Catalog like from Midway and they are all pictured on the same page. Same for most high intensity lights.

I think if you every really needed to use the mini-30 for something serious you'd find all those things just in the way and take them off.

But then I'm an Iron sight kind of guy. My goal right now is to be able to be pretty good, 80+%, at being able to hit a 'man size' target at 500 yards with a good rifle using iron sights...

I'm getting close. I ordered my standard Military Slings yesterday.

Blume,

I have never considered you to be a pain in the ass in any way and welcome any advice you can offer. I did however have a problem with the shitbird that left a smartass comment about toilet paper.

That being said,

I wouldn't rely on the mini 30 for, "serious" work as I have a lot of other pieces of artillery that I have found to be very relaible. I have always thought it wise to ask those who have been down said road to simply work out the bugs of a newly acquired piece.

I found it far much easier to ask those who have worked out the bugs in regards to a particular firearm than trying to apply my knowledge of a different variety and impose it upon the same.

I have always believed that long range is the best way to go however I thought I would transpose the mini 30 into a close quarters tactical weapon. Whether or not that is a wise choice is yet to be seen and perhaps a mistake.

I considered it a challenge as I realize there is much to be lacking from said weapon. Anyway, I do appreciate your input and will keep you up to date in regard to my findings.

As a last note to the shitbird that replied to my last post on here without my solicitation; I'd love to cut your throat and watch you bleed out and piss on yourself while you attempt to expectorate your bodily fluids.

Take care Blume and I'll update you as I get info in regards to....

John

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
John, (jwrobel0398)

I don't think the comment about the TP was aimed at you personally. I thought it was really funny. There are quite a few of us who are not into the "tactical" thing and sometimes poke a bit of fun at those gearing up to fight the zombies. I do believe a SHTF senario is possible, but beyond having a weapon, I doubt the need for the overly "tactical" approach. The following picture is meant to be funny, and in no way directed personally at you.

I actually have a Mini-30 myself.

Tom
tactical.jpg

mohavesam

Hawkeye
blume357":2w78paw2 said:

Reality bites. BTW, My reply was TIC, didn't know there was no sense of humor in your "tactical personality"! (that was again, humor). And I wheeled it off without a profane insult.

Enjoy your Mini 30. Mine are both great shooters and super-dependable as=stock (exception: day-glo green front site paint). Taken a couple whitetails with one. The 7.62x39 is fine under 80 yards for fat deer as long as you understand aperture sights & can place a good Hornady bullet into a coffee-cup-sized hole on the first shot (the only one that counts).

:roll: