Mini 30 question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
OK, I have never owned a Mini 30, but have owned 4 Mini 14s over the years. Lets just say I have never been impressed with the Mini 14s less than stellar accuracy. So, how does the Mini 30 stack up in the accuracy department? We have one in the shop and I am getting this urge. I hate it when that happens. It should make a first rate deer rifle, with the proper ammo. So, what do you guys that own one think about it?

Krazy Okie

Bearcat
If you are under the assumption that the Mini 30 is going to be a tack driver, your wrong, It is a fun gun capable of taking game and having moment of center of mass accuracy.. that is my reason for owning one. 8) 8) 8)

AkRay

Single-Sixer
It's a great rifle to carry slung over your shoulder as yoiu're walking down a trail. I wouldn't hesitate to use my Mini 30 to hunt caribou. I imagine it would be just right for hunting deer. I've never benched mine, but it's accurate enough, even with surplus ammo to suit me. Mine ain't for sale if that tells you anything. .

I have a Ranch Mini30... it is kind of strange... first round at 50 yards is dead on next ones are 4" to the right untill the mag is empty... reload/chamber a new round... 1st one dead on, next 4" to the right.... this is at 50 yards.