Mini 30 low scope rings

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mac66

Single-Sixer
Years ago I bought my Mini 30 to use as a brush gun to hunt deer I bought scope rings for it. I had a 3x9x40 scope. The original 30 was a "ranch rifle" with the flip down rear sight. These use a special Ruger only scope ring.

I stopped hunting with it over the years and replaced the scope with a rear Tech Sight but I'm ready to put a scope back on it since I can't see the front sight clearly any more.

The scope I have in mind is a 1-4x and the rings I have sit it up way too high. I've been looking for lower rings but they all seem to sit too high. I even bought some "low" rings but they turned out to be the same height as my original rings.

Does anyone have, or know of a truly low rings for the Mini? And no, I don't want to mount a rail and then put rings on top of it, still way too high.

9x19

Hunter
Are you sure the ejected brass will clear the scope if you go any lower?

Also (if the rings dont have a number stamped into them, ie, 3, 4 or 5) can you measure the bottom section of your rings, from lowest point of circle to the flat base?

Ruger did make 'low' rings, #3s today, IIRC.

Ring heights listed here:
https://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/rings-mounts-amp-bases/scope-rings/1-scope-ring-prod24396.aspx

rangerbob

Buckeye
Leupold made a set of low rings at one time for the Mini's, the #1, and 77/22's. They are lower than the #3 Ruger rings. Finding some would be the trick. Bob! :wink:

mac66

Single-Sixer
The rings I bought to replace the originals are Burris "Low" rings and are 3/8" high. They are still too high. Oh well, I hate to invest in another set of rings if I can't get any lower than that. I don't shoot the Mini very often

Latest posts