Mini 30 Aftermarket Magazines???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lctrcjim

Bearcat
Has anyone had experience RECENTLY with the ProMag 10 round Mini 30 magazines???? ( Like in the last year or so)

Like some other members, I sent a note to the CEO about hi-cap mag's for the Mini 30 & he replied that a 20 rounder is in the works, but wasn't very specific when they'll be ready to go.

I'll be doing some hog-hunting the next few months down on the family farm (they've been invaded - might have a total of 60 or more) & would like a little more than 5 rounds available. From what I've read here, the aftermarket 20 & 30 round mag's are pretty hit or miss.

I was wondering if anyone has had good luck with the latest batch of 10 round mag's from ProMag, or for that matter, any other brand.

Thanks!!!

welder

Buckeye
Not recent Pro mags but good luck with all the older ones I tried for the 30. I was told in an e-mail from C-mag that production "would probably start last quarter of 09". Hope that's true. I also hear rumors that Ruger is considering hi-cap mags for the 30 also, but again just rumors.

As far as 20 - 30 aftermarket mags, well in my case, I had a box full of them, and ALL were problematic. Basically junk. I tried just about every brand and many no names with no success. I wished the forum had been around then. I could have saved a ton of money with a question on the mags.

Gav-n-Tn

Bearcat
Tried a 30rd ProMag two weeks ago. Wouldn't feed worth a damn. If CP roducts makes one, you can bet it will be right. I'm going to keep trying to get the ProMags to work. I have three of them.

lctrcjim

Bearcat
welder & Gav-n-Tn, thanks for your advice - I take it that the ProMag 10 rounder is OK, but I'll wait till Ruger or C Mag comes out with a 20 rounder. I'll keep watching their websites.
Thanks!!!