Mini 14

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Striker

Bearcat
Hey Guys... just picked up a used Mini 14 583 in a private sale. Perfect "Like New" condition, not a blemish anywhere, in the box with all the goodies!!! Paid 475 for it...it came with two 5 round magazines and the scope rings/mount. Of course I would like to pick up a few 20 round magazines, everything I've read recommend the Ruger magazines as the only way to go..watcha think? Who actually makes these magazines for Ruger? I've wanted one of these for a long while.... Thanks

Striker

Bearcat
We're sorry, but Natchez Shooters Supplies does not currently service residents of TN, or GA.

Tried ordering two mags...this is what popped up !!!! Hmmmm

mpalm

Single-Sixer
The 5 rounders work great! The 10 rounders are usually awful, although I have a couple that work good, the others act up from time to time. I hear that the factory 20 rounders are great, the 30 rounders not so much. My .02 cents

mpalm said:
The 5 rounders work great! The 10 rounders are usually awful, although I have a couple that work good, the others act up from time to time. I hear that the factory 20 rounders are great, the 30 rounders not so much. My .02 cents

I use factory 20 round magazines and American Eagle 5.56 in mine, I've never had a failure so I don't plan on changing what I use. I tried a 30 round Ruger magazine once and didn't care for what it did to the balance of the gun. I have six 20 round magazines loaded and ready to go in a Molle pouch...

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/range-gear/magazine-storage-pouches/molle-20-round-magazine-pouch-black-sku084000311-26787-52514.aspx?sku=084000311

I agree, the 20 rounders are the perfect match for the mini-14..

I'm sure you can find some, but in the spirit of friendship here, if you can't find some I'll sell you one for $25 plus what ever the cost to mail it. I know I have a number of them... not sure how many and I suspect some still in the box. But, give it a week or so to find some factory ones....

vincef329

Bearcat
I have a couple "promags". Definitely not original quality and I had to modify the pin holes and replaced the follower to get them reliable. If your really going to use the mags I would say go with originals.