Mini 14 Ranch Rifle wooden stock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tailout

Bearcat
Hello all, I'm new to the forum. I own a mini 14 with the plastic stock, wanted wood. At the range today a guy was shooting his mini and we started talking about how much we liked our Ruger's he had a aftermarket kinda rubber stock on his mini. I asked him if that's the way he got it, which he replied "no he bought it new and it came with a wooden stock" I asked him if he wanted to sell the wooden stock and he said yes. We exchanged phone numbers and neither one of us had any idea what would be a fair price. Can you buy a new wooden stock from Ruger? What would a good condition wood stock for the mini 14 Ranch Rifle sell for? Thanks

Tailout

Bearcat
I got the wood stock, and now I kinda don't like it. Like the look, but not the grip or lack of it . Anybody have their stock ingraved? Is there a product that wraps around or attaches to the stock so you can get a grip. The Wood is in great shape, came off a 2018 ranch rifle. After changing out from plastic to wood will my scope have to be re- zeroed? I think I know the answer to that

Tailout

Bearcat
IMG_20220501_151257516.jpg

Gray

Bearcat
I switched to a wood stock also. I'm looking at Talon Grips or non skid tape. Maybe skateboard tape to mimic the "checkering"" on the synthetic stock. If Ruger is listening, finger grooves in the wood have been historically used on many wood stocked firearms.

hittman

Staff member
The grip tape looks pretty good in the pics. Never thought of that.

Surely helps a lot if your hands get sweaty.

Tailout

Bearcat
I hear ya. I've been thinking about getting the tools to maybe ingrave that pattern on the wood and stain it a little darker. There's some walnut stocks for sale, out there been eyeballing on of those too. I really like the look of wood and blued steel. And the smell of gunpowder! Ha

Tailout

Bearcat
By the way if you use the GT-5000 grip tape be sure to heat it up with a blow dryer after you apply and apply pressure. It'll stick better, looks like it'll last for a long time.