Mini 14 flash hider/bayonet lug

Help Support Ruger Forum:

You guys might make fun of me for this, but that's the beauty of internet animosity. Anyone know if these would work on a 583 series Mini 14? And where to get one?
1669687851568.png

buckshot

Single-Sixer
It looks to me like an older John Masen Co pin on unit. I believe they will fit all standard barrels models not the tactical or target models. However I am not a 100% on that.

Reactions: ILC

moparclan

Single-Sixer
Had on like that, wouldn't stay tight on rifle ended taking it off. Maybe with some red or green Loctite would help. or last resort epoxy.
184 and 187 series.

looks like the ones used to be made by 'Choate' I believe a machine company, was a bear to drive off the original front sight on the Mini,,,neatness counts, seen too many "fubar"........:cool::rolleyes:;)

Gopher

Single-Sixer
I had one of those on a 181 series stainless gun. I changed out the rear sight with a peep and it worked well.

Be sure to get it on video if it ever happens

Yeah, if I added some rails, so I could get a rail-mounted camera, I could get video if I ever got attacked by an attack dog, if I had a bayonet mounted! Sounds like a plan - guess I need to add it to my list of plans, which I think is in my box of lists.
:)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Well, I'd prefer to make it fully automatic with a grenade launcher...

I guess that's possible - just need the proper federal paperwork, so you can build a "dealer sample", or whatever they call 'em. Personally, I'm happy with an ordinary self-loading rifle; I hear that the cost of feeding an automatic weapon gets pretty steep, at 500 to 1000 rounds per minute!
:)

Last edited: