Mini 14 Barrel Mounts for Accessories

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pi2

Bearcat
I have used Minis for years with no complaints. They won't shoot with a bull barrel bolt action at 100 yards but neither are they intended for that purpose. I have heard this complaint for years and the ARs are all people want. Not me.

I am old school to the point I am nearly feeble. The eyes and body aren't what they once were. The old Mini I have used since they were first introduced still is like new.

I want a barrel mount with rails upon which to mount a laser... light etc. I don't want to disturb my gas block. In fact, I want the laser on the bottom... small and handy at night. I have several "generic" mounts and basically they stink. Most are hexagonal or octagonal clamps on the barrel and while they work... they just aren't right.

The Chinese imports seem to be fine but most are generic. I want one sized to the barrel diameter for a smooth, tight fit. A single rail would be fine but a tri-rail would be better. (Light for navigating... light/laser for negotiating) I keep getting iffy type stuff.
For example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vector-Optics-Tactical-Adjustable-Gas-Block-Barrel-Mount-w-Picatinny-Rail-0-75-/111091605272

Maybe maybe not.
Anybody have a source for quality mounts?

Again... on an old 80 series I don't want to mess with the gas block... a simple barrel mount will suffice.
Even a gas block design mounted in front of the factory block is fine... I just need the rails.

It is for things that go bump in the night. An old feller needs all the help he can get.