Mini 14 after market mags

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Looking at new Cabela's shooting catalog and they have Mini14 mags by Triple K; Pro Mag; and Thermold. Anyone using any of these. I have two Ruger Factory mags, but can get two of these after market ones for the same price as one factory mag. Thanks, Dave

snellville-dave":3f044amz said:
Looking at new Cabela's shooting catalog and they have Mini14 mags by Triple K; Pro Mag; and Thermold. Anyone using any of these. I have two Ruger Factory mags, but can get two of these after market ones for the same price as one factory mag. Thanks, Dave

And I 90% guarantee you... When they spend their life in the junk drawer, because they're not reliable, it does not matter how many you got for the price of genuine Ruger magazines.

This discussion surfaces, regularly. A few folks have hit the mother-lode, and their after market magazines work, okay. I'm with the majority, and my after market magazines have been so unreliable, that I will never buy anything but genuine Ruger.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtop ... +magazines

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtop ... +magazines

WAYNO.

Spikess

Bearcat
WAYNO":1s4u2omp said:
snellville-dave":1s4u2omp said:
A few folks have hit the mother-lode, and their after market magazines work, okay.

I must be one of the lucky few because every Pro-Mag I've used has worked perfectly.

But..........they've been the "Only" after-market magazine that's ever worked for me. Everything else except factory has been plain awful.

Merle1948

Buckeye
I wonder if there has been a decline in quality of aftermarket mags?
All of the ones I have are 10 ~ 15 years old, and they all work just fine.
Most are FED ORD, but several are so generic they don't even have a label.

Or could it be that I hit the jackpot & got a remarkably un-fussy rifle?

:?: :?: :?:

welder

Buckeye
My experience with the Mini14 mag issue is this. You get what you pay for. I got so disgusted with the non-Ruger mags I actually threw them away. The only, and I mean only, ones of several that worked were the Pro mag 10 rounders. I tried all the rest and didn't know any better at the time. I wish I had been on this forum then, I would have saved a good bit of cash. But the Ruger mag and don't look back.