Mini 14 583 series law enforcement model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dgr416

Single-Sixer
I just found a good deal on mini 14 series 583 law enforcement stainless rifles .I just read a review a guy did on series 583 and he had problems with the bolt and gas system .He rebuilt the rifle and added the stabilizer and got 1 inch groups .Has anyone had any experience with these 583 le models .Its a good deal if it's good but a lemon if it's bad .I read they were made in 2017 so it should not have fired a million rounds through it .

dgr416

Single-Sixer
That mini 14 looks awesome ! I have two of them a 1981 180 series and a mini 14 target rifle .I always wanted a stainless one .M6 1980 mini 14 rust so easy it's crazy .The target one shoots 75 hornady match bullets 1/2 inch at 100 yards .I need to get a trigger job done on that gun .I use scopes on mine I can't shoot 25 yards with those sites .I am going to get one of those 583 models they are in perfict shape .I dought thry have been shot much .I read a bad review was just wondering .I like the mini 14 a zillion times better than ar15s!

dgr416

Single-Sixer
I have to use scopes .I have a Nikon 3x9 monarch with duplex that's perfict small and light for mini 14 .I put one on my target mini 14 shot out to 300 yards with it no problem .I had a 6x18 on it was too big and bulky .I want to try the accu strut and a trigger job on my target rifle .Its super accurate already but the trigger sucks .I want a stainless rifle for river trips and in the rain.

Latest posts