Mini 14/30 ATI Strikeforce Stock top rail

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sargents1

Single-Sixer
Does anyone have any input on how well the ATI stocks work for mounting a scope/red-dot on the top rail?

How high up does it sit as compared to an Amega Ranges or an Ultimak rail. In photos it looks pretty similar height-wise.

Is it sturdy enough to hold zero consistently?

The reason I ask is because the ATI stock is less money than either one of those rails and it seems like it might be a good deal. I know Ruger is selling the Mini as a tactical package with these stocks so it would seem that they pass muster...then again there is nothing like first hand experience.

Also if anyone has experience with the TAPCO stock I would ask them the same questions about the top rail on that unit.

I have a B-Square side-saddle scope mount that came with the gun and this is less than ideal because it puts the scope pretty high up over the bore and its a little tricky to get it to be solid with the set-screws. Bigger red-dots (42 and 50mm objective) and Holo-sights are pretty tall to begin with (as they are intended for AR-pattern rifles, generally speaking) and once you mount on the B-Square it gets kind of silly.

I am kind of leaning towards the Amega rail since it is pretty low and lets you mount a red-dot right in front of the reciever.

Any input is appreciated.

Cheers,

maybe this will help with the ATI stock:

ATI.jpg

sargents1

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the picture Blume!

I have basically the same sight (mine is TruGlo brand), but I think I am going to get a tube-type red-dot that puts the dot a little lower and closer to the bore.

I assume that you find the rail is solid and doesn't move around on you?

I am still leaning towards getting the Amega since it clamps solidly to the barrel and bolts up at the gas block. This is supposed to make the barrel more rigid and help with accuracy. But...the Amega runs 140$ and the ATI is available for less than 100$ if you shop around.

I guess I will have to think on this for a while longer...

I really have not shot the rifle that much with the new stock and site. If you look in the Cabelas catalog or midway at these holographic sights I think that most of them are probably made at the same factory in China and they just put a different name on the side. There are at least two other sights that are exactly like that Walther one.

sargents1

Single-Sixer
blume357":18075yl9 said:
... If you look in the Cabelas catalog or midway at these holographic sights I think that most of them are probably made at the same factory in China and they just put a different name on the side. There are at least two other sights that are exactly like that Walther one.

Yup, I expect you are correct. I like mine pretty well, the adjustments are a little finicky and it sits up pretty high but it is clear and holds zero well.