MIM Parts in Rugers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FED327

Bearcat
Am I correct that Ruger do not use MIM parts in their guns? Castings by Pine Tree Casting, but no MIM parts.

jhearne

Buckeye
Correct, and I'm thinking good today, Ruger has their hand in PTC ownership. (could be wrong, correct me if I am)

Josh

J Miller

Blackhawk
The new steel rear sights with the Ruger eagle is a MIM part. If they use any others I'm not aware of it yet.

JMHO you understand, but I consider MIM to be JUNQUE.

Joe

DPris

Buckeye
Ruger is phasing in MIMs, they're also doing more CNC machining as cost-effective alternatives to the older casting processes.
Denis

Vecco

Single-Sixer
I have no problems with MIM parts if done right. Ruger right now just need to learn how to build a gun that works out of hte box.

jhearne

Buckeye
Mine worked out of the box, as did many other members here, SR9 and SR9c included, even the LCP.

Josh

FED327

Bearcat
Vecco":298cpo9o said:
I have no problems with MIM parts if done right. Ruger right now just need to learn how to build a gun that works out of hte box.

I have never had a P series metal framed Ruger that did not work "out of the box", and BTW, worked throughout it's life with me. Also, the Poly guns, the P95 & P97, were the same way, flawless guns...Other than my junk SP101 in 327, I've never had a Ruger revolver that was not flawless from day one...The new LCR has been flawless as well, plus, it has the best DA trigger of any revolver I have ever owned, including the Korth I had years ago. Their track record is pretty damn good and even the much hated/loved SR9 & SR9c seem to have it's share of followers as well. After the recall, the LCP seems to be working just fine too after the recall. Even the SUPER GLOCK has had recalls, although they just call it a product update and nobody is any the wiser. And Glock only has a single design to deal with....Ruger builds a ton of guns, with many different designs.

I would put a P95 up against any poly gun on the market and I think I would have the better gun...I would put my P90 up against ANY 45 on the market and in fact, I would take a P90 out of the box, load it and carry it into harms way that very moment...I've never seen one that did not work everytime, and I have spent half my life in retail gun business, or othe gun related fields...

And FYI, the P90 is my "perfect" gun...It has, or lacks everything I want a gun to have, or not have. No lock, no mim parts, no rail, no flippy loaded chamber indicator on top of slide, no plastic parts, works every time and is accurate as well. I carry it concealed in Don Hulm IWB holster and it has NEVER failed to function any time I pull the trigger...What more could a person want?

Ruger builds an awful lot of guns, on a lot of different platforms, and 99.9999% are VERY WELL MADE AND DESIGNED firearms. I'm sure at some point, things made by man and machines will have a problem, but in Rugers case, not very many or very often.

I'm now going to get off my soapbox!

Latest posts