militec 1 lube

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
any body use it? i started and idk how i feel yet. i guess it needs to layer up

bearing01

Bearcat
I heard great things about it. Right now I use molybdenum based (wheel bearing) grease on my slide rails. But otherwise I would use militech 1.

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
does anyone here put it on using the hair dryer to get the parts hot when applying it?
and do you get it hot before or after applying it?

gregnauman

Bearcat
Look up weapons shield, its great stuff, lots of reviews and you can probably have a free sample still sent to you if you ask

eme

Bearcat
I've been using militec for many years and have had zero problems with their oil. I just let the using of the firarm heat up the surfaces to "set" the oil, no hair dryers. Others on other gun fjorums say it is not a rust prohibitor, but I've not had any problems with rust using it. Good Luck in your quest.

Enigma

Hunter
It attracts less dust than CLP does over in the sandbox, I do know that. The incredibly fine sand over there creates an incredibly fine dust that gets on and in everything. It WILL cause weapons to choke. That said, Militec-1 IS NOT authorized for use on military weapons. End of that particular discussion.

I use it and like it - on my personal guns. I've also heard that it's not very effective at rust prevention. So, don't let your guns get rusty!