Military Snipers.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mobuck

Hawkeye
My concern is that those who hear the stories would/will think less of the teller because of the extremely gruesome and callous treatment dealt upon the enemy. Everyone has their own opinion.

Simmonsburg

Single-Sixer
Sounds like a though guy that served his country. I bet he isn’t happy about the current state of the country at all.
Thanks for sharing.

173rdLRRP

Single-Sixer
I know of no one in 173td ABN BDE LRRP who condoned such actions on enemy.

SGT Guill of Team 3 of 173rd ABN KRR was a third awardee of CIB, the combat drops etc (retired as E-8 as three strip bust was Article 15 and not GCM - left immediately upon ETS in RVN fly to Thailand to work with Air America6) once brought in two POWs to LZ: one very old guy in civilian clothes and a young trooper with SKS. Pilot said we are overloaded. So Guill pushed old guy out and waved goodbye. Old guy got to woodline, turned, and waved. Young guy started talking away as he figured old guy had been dumped from high altitude. MI heard out the young NVA at debrief and turned Guill, “next time you capture a very high ranking VC and his body guard, please leave the bodyguard!” Guill did a lot of damage in the Philippines , Korea for two tours, and three tours in SEA. When the SHTF in 1/501st PIR, 173rd ABN, his CO knew that Guill was going to be running his squad through the company line ir column to engage. But a prisoner is not a combatant and is to be respected and protected if the circumstances permit.

Two of our real nutcases (aka very hard chargers) saw a GI shooting at a kid on water Buffalo and summoned MPs. Kid wound up at LBJ.

Some guys in N Rangers did what they should not do, turned in, and wound up at FT Sill for the long course with no credit. Everyone concerned were sent to CONUS

SnowmanP89

Bearcat
"...there seem to be such a stigma on us that participated in that war, so why in the hell would we even want to talk about it. Any problems our fellow Service Men had with what they may have encountered there was sweep under the rug. Go home take two aspirins don't think about it."

Thanks for posting that. I understand completely.

Latest posts