Miha Molds

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Somewhere in Slovenia, there is a very talented machinist who goes by the name Miha. His specialty is Cramer style double cavity bullet molds made of brass. These little gems are a thing of beauty to the beholder. They also cast some of the best darn cast bullets a bullet smith could plunk down from solidified alloy. Currently, he is in the process of machining molds for the RCBS .45 SAA, designed by Dave Scovil, of Handloader and Rifle gun rags. Below are some pictures of the above mold. His craftsmanship is obvious. You can cast quality HP bullets at the same rate as regular solids with the Cramer pins. Notice the reinforced alingment holes with steel inserts. This will retard the wear of the alignment hole, which will cause unsymetrical bullets over time. The thing I really like on Miha's molds is his pentagonal HP pins. They just look wicked ! The hexagonal pin will promote peel back of the HP cavity, much like a Winchester black talon, or Barnes X-bullet. I don't know if Miha is still taking orders for this particular mold, but I know he is still taking orders for the hard to find 454423 Keith bullet. Elmers answer for the 1911 .45 acp. Also works great in the .45 Colt. Miha works out of the Castboolits forum, and his molds usually run around $100.00.

I just wanted to share this little secrete with any casters, or potential casters out there. His molds are a bargain !

Mp-molds-colt45_hollow20point_1.jpg

Mp-molds-colt45_hollow20point_3.jpg

Here's the link for the 454423 Keith bullet.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr ... post916722

Here's Miha's link :

www.mp-molds.com

I am no way affiliated with Miha, and am not a salesman for him, I just wanted to pass along some good info. on some great molds.

Real nice been rounding up some casting supplies lately I'm going to start this winter. Thanks for the tip molds are a little pricey but a few extra bucks and set for life these molds may be the way to go. ps

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
molds are a little pricey but a few extra bucks and set for life these molds may be the way to go. ps

ps, there is a fellow who adds the Cramer HP pins to your mold for about $100.00 . The way I look at it, it's like getting a free mold in the deal :D

Schultzie, good eye ! It was a typo I caught on another forum, but failed to correct it when I cut and pasted it here. I was half right, I mentioned both pentagonal and hexagonal. About what my wife says about me all the time , I'm half right :D most of the time.

Sam, jump in there. Casting is a great hobby ! Find a buddy who cast, and give it a try before investing in the equiptment. I think you'll love it !

2 dogs

Buckeye
The interesting thing about Miha is the consistency of the quality of his molds. Every one is as good as the last!

sixshot

Buckeye
There's no finer mould on the planet, I have one in 44 caliber, thanks to some special friends & its wonderful piece of work, the gun is a master machinist!

Dick