Merry Christmas,... to me!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Robes

Single-Sixer
First,...My bride and I own 8 horses and ride daily. I've been called a "Cowboy".... but I don't have any cows and don't want any cows. I am a "Horseman". There is a picture of me back when I was about 6 with a two gun rig and cowboy hat,...complete with a stampede strap. Fast forward 55 yrs. and for my birthday last month my bride bought be a cartridge belt with a holster. It is tooled to the 9's. As I was trying it on I looked at her and pointed to the holster and said "Gonna have to find something to fill this!" "I know" says she.....

Went into the big city today to pick up some Christmas stuff and stopped by Cabela's and two other LGS. I looked at and handled a number of revolvers including Pietta, Vaquero, Blackhawk and a Piece-maker. The Vaquero just felt like it was made for my hand. The grip, the balance, the feel.... all of it. I need SS as I have a high acid content to my skin and can take the bluing off a gun real quick. I like the 5.5" barrel. The one I handled was used. I wanted new, so at the last LGS,... the folks there did not have one in stock, but they bested the price of all the other stores and let me put it in lay-away. I got it chambered in 357 (ever price the 45 LC ammo? Yikes!) but it also shoots the 38 special.

Merry Christmas,...to me!

Merry Christmas indeed! I think that you'll really like that shootin iron, and it will be economical to feed (now we just have to get you into reloading so you can shoot more for the same amount of money)..

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Caliber would ,of course, depend on the loops in your brand new tooled cartridge belt,yes/no? I own six pairs of Vaquero's ,+ several singles ,so completely agree with your choice there. Enjoy

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
That is one Bride to be very proud of. Congratulations to you, not just for the gun but mainly for having such a great better half.

Robes

Single-Sixer
Chuck 100 yd said:
Caliber would ,of course, depend on the loops in your brand new tooled cartridge belt,yes/no?

The 357 mags are just a smidge loose, but my saddle maker said she can fix it. The cartridge belt was made to fit 357 through 45 LC. I am guessing the 45LC might be a smidge tight....

Merry Christmas to you for sure. Vaquero is handy for sure. I've got a few in 45 Colt and 44 Mag, never had one in 357mag, but would like to. Maybe sometime. Maybe sometime put up a picture or two of some of your horses. I like horses, I'm just not much of a rider. A little too big for that.