Mauser M1910

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
My brother was in the Eighth AF during WW II, then transfewrred to the Ninth for occupation duty afer the GErman surrender. He brought home a Mauser M1910, which is the first handgun I ever shot. Shortly before his death, my brother gave the pistol to his oldes son. Then, shortly before his death, my nephew gave the pistol to me. My niece, Jan, told me she would like for me to pass it on to her. I never shoot such a puny little thing, a .25 ACP, so recently gave it to her. (She has assembled an album with what service histories she can find for her Mother and Dad, my Brother, my two nephews, and me.)
So, Friday, we made a date to take the pistol to the range, then go to a reral catfish place for supper. I took one of my favorite Super Blackhawks. This is the first range session I've had since Nita's death. (Friday was the two year anniversary of her death.)

Well, as luck would have it, that pistol jammed often, failed to eject. I was somewhat out of shape, but still was impressive with that Super Blackhawk. I was disappointed for hjer, but she was glad to just get to shoot it for a few rounds.

Then we drove out to Galaway, TN for our catfish. That sort of removed any disappointment!

Bob Wright

Is this the gun?
Screenshot_20240622-184118~2.png

Hankus

Blackhawk
Catfish… I love catfish. The only place to get it around here is Cracker Barrel or Sonny's BBQ. Yes, Sonny's is selling catfish sandwiches now. Luckily my wife and I will be visiting my mother-in-law in the country in GA in a week. I can't wait; I'm taking several of my recently purchased guns for a couple of range days out in the back forty, and I'm looking forward to some good fried chicken and catfish!

bhp9

Bearcat
My brother was in the Eighth AF during WW II, then transfewrred to the Ninth for occupation duty afer the GErman surrender. He brought home a Mauser M1910, which is the first handgun I ever shot. Shortly before his death, my brother gave the pistol to his oldes son. Then, shortly before his death, my nephew gave the pistol to me. My niece, Jan, told me she would like for me to pass it on to her. I never shoot such a puny little thing, a .25 ACP, so recently gave it to her. (She has assembled an album with what service histories she can find for her Mother and Dad, my Brother, my two nephews, and me.)
So, Friday, we made a date to take the pistol to the range, then go to a reral catfish place for supper. I took one of my favorite Super Blackhawks. This is the first range session I've had since Nita's death. (Friday was the two year anniversary of her death.)

Well, as luck would have it, that pistol jammed often, failed to eject. I was somewhat out of shape, but still was impressive with that Super Blackhawk. I was disappointed for hjer, but she was glad to just get to shoot it for a few rounds.

Then we drove out to Galaway, TN for our catfish. That sort of removed any disappointment!

Bob Wright
I have a 1910 in .32 acp and it functions flawlessly. This gun has appeared in many of the old Hollywood Movies in the 30's and 40's.

Sadly, a lot of bring backs have been turned over to the police for destruction by families "afraid" of guns. I have both my dad's bring backs. P-08 and P-38. At some point they will go to my kids so they will be safe for at least two more generations. After that who knows.

Hankus

Blackhawk
I have a Mauser '98 that was a bring back. At one time it had a rubber Army Ordnance Corps slip on rubber butt pad, but that was lost when my brother took it up North for a hunting trip in Ohio. I *think* that butt pad denoted it as a captured rifle.

Latest posts