MARLIN 39-A CARBINE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cpt-t

Single-Sixer
I just was offered a ((( MARLIN 39-A CARBINE ))). It is in very good condition. No wear or scratches on the stock or wear, rust or scratches on barrel or action. Barrel looks bright and the crown is in good shape. My SON always wanted one of these. My SON was killed in a Helicopter Crash 11-03-2020 North of Wichita Kansas. And I can`t even begin to tell you just how much I miss Him. His name was SHANNON WAYNE TUCKER. I loved Him with all my heart and more than anything else in this world. He was my Pride & Joy. He was 53 years old. My whole World has completely changed now, nothing means much to me any more. And I just got to thinking since He always wanted a Marlin 39-A Carbine. I would just buy it for Him clean it up and just put it in His gun safe. The price on the little rifle is $850.00. Is this a fair price. And do You All think the other part is a good idea. I think this might just might tickle My Son a littlt bit. And it just might do me some good also. I am sorry if I got long winded on You All.
ken

By 39A carbine, I assume you mean a "Mountie". Checking selling prices on GunBroker, I'd say $850 is in the ballpark and maybe a bit under value if in the condition described.
Sorry for your loss.

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
First off , my condolences on your loss. That has to be hard.

As far as the Marlin goes , if it is the Carbine , I believe it was only made from 1963-1967.
I say it is worth the money , especially if it is in as good of condition you say it is.

Johnnu2

Hunter
The price is irrelevant given the purpose you have in mind...... IMHO
Sorry for your loss; it's more than most of us could imagine.

J.

CPT-T

My sincerest and deepest condolences for the loss of your son, I cannot even imagine the pain, I suggest you purchase this rifle as a memorial to him, every time you hold that rifle, let it bring the fondest memories you have of him…

wproct

Single-Sixer
First, sorry for the loss of your son, I can only imagine what that is like. I think the price of the rifle is fair. My only thought is that I think your son would want you to take the Marlin out and shoot it. It would come closer to you spending some time with him than if it is sitting idle in his safe. I sincerely hope that comment didn't come off as disrespectful, but just my thought.

I'm sorry to hear about your son. I have 4 boys and couldn't imagine losing any of them.
I have a Marlin Golden 39A Mountie (break down model) and I love it! I keep it behind my recliner in my living room because I live in the woods in the Ozarks and get critters coming in at all hours. It's a tack driver!

IMG_4250.JPG

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
My condolences. My recommendation is that you turn to Jesus and pray for peace and truth.
BTW, it's one of the coolest 22 LRs on the planet IMHO.

jkingrph

Bearcat
I'm sorry to hear about your son. I have 4 boys and couldn't imagine losing any of them.
I have a Marlin Golden 39A Mountie (break down model) and I love it! I keep it behind my recliner in my living room because I live in the woods in the Ozarks and get critters coming in at all hours. It's a tack driver!

View attachment 4774
All of the Marlin 39a and varients are "take down"

eveled

Hawkeye
758B9DE8-E486-48ED-A252-E174DECB8F2B.jpeg

I'm very fond of Marlin 39's. The Mounties are hard to come by. Its a fair price. Please shoot it and enjoy it. I think your son would like that very much.

Last edited: