Mark IV Recall Update

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hognfrog

Bearcat
hognfrog said:
My Target Mark IV was received at Ruger yesterday (Aug 3rd) I will let you know when it is returned. Still waiting on Box #2 for my Hunter Mark IV.
Rec'd box for Ruger Hunter today, also rec'd email saying they have rec'd Ruger Target at facility.

Thunderstick

Bearcat
I just received my email notice on Friday that they are shipping the box. They asked me to fill out a form to include in the box when I return it that asks for the RMA #. Is that the same as the order number on the email? I don't recall seeing a separate RMA #.

hognfrog

Bearcat
WOW,
Ruger is getting faster, Mailed my MKIV target on the 2nd of Aug, Rec'd at Ruger on the 4th and I rec'd it today Aug 7th all repaired and ready to go!!! 6 Days total.

I thought they forgot to send me the "free" magazine, but it was in the grip frame.

Sent mine in last Wednesday(8/2), got it back today(8/9), can't beat that. The gun functions exactly as it did before and the free magazine functions flawlessly also, absolutely top notch customer service.

lhump1961

Bearcat
Long time S&W fan but always respected Ruger as well. Son-in-law has Rugers and loves 'em. My Dad has a Mk I that I shot quite a bit as a kid so when the Mk IV came out I couldn't resist. I have a S&W .22 pistol but as much as I want to like it it's just not up to the Ruger Mk series...I didn't even consider the S&W Victory, too ugly. Sent my Mk IV frame back for the recall and they turned it in about a week so very pleased. I requested that they remove the right side safety since they had it in hand and they did so even though they didn't have to. Outstanding.

Just had to register and post my complete satisfaction and give a tip of the hat to the "other" great American gun maker!

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I got my Hunter model back in just over one week and a free magazine to boot. I had no issue with disassembly or reassembly. It still shoots great.

bstirling

Bearcat
Sent my Target in on Aug 3. It was received on Aug 5. I got an email on Aug 9 that it was received and the reported issue being addressed. Aug 15 and haven't heard anything.

It is still good customer service if I get it this week as I'm sure there are a lot of them that are being repaired.

Update: it was received at our house on Aug 12. No one told me! The magazine was in the frame.

ButchG17

Bearcat
Mailed my grip frame on Aug 8th.....TODAY, Aug 21st, I got an email telling me they have RECEIVED it! ......waiting to see how the return trip goes.

hognfrog

Bearcat
hognfrog said:
camper said:
Sent mine in today.

I also sent in my 2nd pistol today, Monday Aug 06 ( SS Hunter) lets see how long it takes to get them back.

Finally received my SS Hunter back today, took longer than I expected, but Ruger must be getting swamped about now.
Happy to have both my pistols repaired and ready to go.