Mark IV. I'm going to leave it stock. Except sights.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
Had a great day at the range today with my Mark IV 22/45 that I just got back from the Safety Warrantee work.

I did have a Volquartsen Trigger Kit in it and sent the sear back for it's upgrade. The trigger came back from Ruger at a very crisp 3.5 lbs. It did have a long take-up so I installed a Tandemkross Victory trigger and adjusted it so that it resets correctly and has no take-up.

I shot it today using CCI Blazer ammo. That's what Ruger tested the gun with after replacing the barrel. If it's good enough for them it's good enough for me. I also put a C-More sight on the gun but no compensator and I like the trigger the way it is.

Groups were better than I've ever had with this gun. It shoots so well that I don't think I'll put the VQ sear back in. A couple of other guys at the range tried it and were equally impressed. The gun j ust doesn't need all that extra work to make it a winner.

Spleenless Dave

Single-Sixer
Glad you got it back and are happy with it. I've got a Mark IV Target in stainless steel, but the more I look at the 22/45's, the more I wouldn't mind having one of those too. I looked at the Mark III one in OD green before the IV came out and wish they'd bring back some of the barrels and colors of the older ones for the Mark IV.