Mark IV - Hogue Grips Poll. Vote for the next rubber grip!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Which type of grip would you like to see made?

• Thumbrest wraparound rubberized

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Ambidextrous wraparound

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters

Hogue

Bearcat
Hello Everyone,

At Hogue, we are researching customer demand for Ruger MarkIV rubber grips. We have had several customers suggest this already and we do our best to listen to our customers. That being said, we would like to take a quick poll of (1) which type of grip and (2) what color of grip to make.

First, which type of rubber grip would you like to see us make? Thumbrest type or ambidextrous? (These will be similar to our wraparound grips for Ruger Mark iii)

Second, which color? (Colors we make are: Black, OD Green, FDE, Pink, Aqua Blue, Lava Red, orange, Ghillie green, purple.)

Please post your vote in the comments. We will tally up the results and use that data to determine what type and which colors we will offer.

This is an opportunity for you and the Ruger Forum community to influence what types of products we will make. Thank you for taking the time to help us out.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
None of the above. I don't like rubber/plastic grips. I like wood. And I've had a set of Hogue walnut grips on my Blackhawk for 18 years.

Let me tell you why. With wood, I can custom fit them to my hand with a little file and sandpaper work. You can't do that with rubber/plastic. And wood just plain looks better. Imo, Hogue should not jump into a market that is already dominated by gun manufacturers following the recent fads for new shooters. Serious shooters who want rubber, will have custom rubber/plastic grips molded to fit their hand. Think about this - don't just follow the herd.

Hogue%20grips.jpg~original

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
You might get better response if this were posted in the Rimfire section.

Oddly enough I have the Black Rubber Thumbrest on my MkIII and like it. And, I modified one of the Hogue MKIII 22/45 wrap arounds to fit my MKIV 22/45. I like em both. Why not offer both and see which one sells better.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
If for a MKIV, can you make a fake wood color, if not black, would like white as well. If for a 22/45 MKIV, match the colors as close to the various colors of the uppers.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum Hogue folks!!!

I voted for the thumbrest type,,, and I'm fine with black as a color too. Maybe look into a slight palm swell to aid in "fit".

Hi and thanks for caring enough to take a poll. I also prefer black as standard, but color options are a nice option for after market. Since none of mine have a thumb rest, I guess I prefer ambidextrous.

Will these also cover the back strap now? I would like to see this to fill my hand more.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I'd take almost any wood or rubber grip that DIDN'T have finger grooves. I don't know who those thing fit but it's not me. I've spent a fair bit of time with a Dremel and a sanding drum removing the finger grooves from Hogue wood and rubber grips. It would be nice to buy them already that way.