Mark IV 22/45 Lite

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Over the weekend I bought a 22/45 Lite! What an amazing gun. I'm shocked how easy the take down is. That was on Saturday. Then on Sunday I decided to clean my older Mark II. I've learned over the years about disassembly etc. It still took me a few tries and I have to read the directions several times. Not that the disassembly is any reason to sell it, although the thought did cross my mind. :D

I haven't shot the 22/45 yet. It was too muddy and rainy to go to the range last weekend. I did however dry fire it once, I'm shocked the trigger could be so heavy. This gave me the time and inclination to order one of the Tandemcross trigger kits. Which is just a flat trigger and the Volquartsen trigger kits. I'll stumble through installing it on a clean gun, and then go shoot it.

I am impressed with the gun's balance. It feels very good in the hand. Overall I'm impressed.

Johnnu2

Hunter
I was waiting for an 'obvious' chance to show off my MIV 22/45 Lite... I got it last year and rather quickly installed the Volquartsen trigger kit..... As you now know, it made what I call a "miraculous" difference.... ENJOY!!!

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
My 22/45 Lite is very accurate after installing the Volquartsen Accurizing Kit. These are 25 yard groups off a bench with a sand bag rest. If I miss it's not the gun's fault.

To the OP. Nice gun. You will enjoy it as is or there are so many upgrades available you can go crazy. First I'd do is try to find some CCI Mini Mags and shoot 500 through the gun. By that time it should work with anything.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Kevin.... I haven't been out shooting since last March (2020) so I can't comment on the accuracy cause I really don't remember. I can tell you that I've used that red dot on other pistols and it's always performed better than I expected and certainly MUCH better than open sights. Again, can't comment on the size of the unit because it's the only red dot I've ever owned but I would say that the picture does a good job for comparison to size of the gun as a whole. I find the total weight of the LITE gun and red dot to be very 'lite' and comfortable to shoot. p.s. the red fiber optic that I put on the gun is amazing in and of itself; making 25 yd shots a breeze even for my VERY old eyes....
J.

Johnnu2:
Thanks, I like the whole set-up. It's a good looking pistol.

The one I bought was the black version with the thin gold barrel and gold trigger. But I'm going to replace that trigger with the Tandemcross flat trigger in black.

I've got a couple other flat triggers, and they are indeed nice and help with finger placement.

But thanks again for the info, it helps.

Here is my Lite:
I put the Red Dot on to see how heavy it is. It does become a bit more top heavy, but not too much. On a 9mm I have, I splurged and bought a Trijicon RMR red dot. Boy, those things are small and light. Perhaps later this year, I'll get another one of those for this pistol.

I'd also like to get some bigger grips, these are just kind of thin, but again, I don't want it to become too heavy, so we'll see about that. Otherwise, I could have just bought the Stainless Hunter version.

2ji5eckl.jpg