Mark II disassembly help

Help Support Ruger Forum:

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
I'll be picking up a [.22] Mark II bull barrel today -NO manual. Where can I get instructions on cleaning / field strip? A BIG thanks for all help!

Specs

Single-Sixer
reakin":x65thg5e said:
Or go to Rugers website and download it.

reakin

Yeah, but it is always good to have the original manual with it. I have bought a few used Rugers over the years and I always get the factory owner's manual from Ruger and also the correct box from EBay or elsewhere. If nothing else, doing that will enhance any resale effort down the line.

In fact, EBay has original box, manual, etc. on auction right now at $4.95 bid.

Firsttimegrampa

Single-Sixer
Go to Ruger's web site and look under Video's and then click on Tech Tips and it will show you how to take it apart, clean it and then put it back together..

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer

Specs

Single-Sixer
hittman":3ayxbkw9 said:
And there's YouTube videos on the subject too.

Mine.......never been apart, I just clean it with spray cleaner after every outing.

I must confess that I do not take my MK III target apart either. Spray cleaner, soak, dry, and lube with Remoil.

I learned my lesson with my early MK I, and have never taken my MK I,II,or III apart again. They have always run well, no rust, no grief.

Chris

Blackhawk
I had to take it apart, you know, a guy thing. After you do it a few times its a breeze, have to watch out for the hammer strut getting jammed., to avoide it just flip the gun over during resembly.

rrent

Bearcat
I've bought/sold/owned/traded many a MKII (an on occasion an MKI or MKII) and have found on some of the used guns they need a little persuading to get the pin out. Soak them with cleaner let them sit for awhile and and then "gently" tap the pin out from the top.

Good luck --the Ruger MKII is one of my favorite pistols of all time --I never go to the range with out at least one MKII.....