Mark I Magazines

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tom-R2

Bearcat
I noticed Midway had a few, but that was a couple years ago so I picked up two. Not sure if they sometimes get more in, I haven't checked since I purchased them. Good luck.

contender

Ruger Guru
You'd have to place a WTB ad around here AFTER you have enough posts to be qualified to trade in our Classifieds.
There haven't been any newly made 9 round early MKI magazines commercially available for a long while.
And remember, there are (2) versions of the early MK magazines prior to the MKII. One fits the A-54 frame & the other fits the A-100 frame.
The very early magazines only had a follower button slot on (1) side. Later,, the slot was added to both sides so you could use later magazines in earlier guns by swapping sides of the follower button.
And MKII magazines can be used in A-100 frames.

AZ Pete

Bearcat
The current MKII, MKIII magazines will work. Should be available directly from Ruger. The button is reversible so no issue there.

as noted above, easy to spot by simply looking at the grip frame, if its NOT already marked or stamped somewhere on the frame, the lower grip panel screw is LOWER on the LEFT side of the early A-54 frame and then the reverse, for the A-100 frame it will be HIGHER on the left side than the right side,,,easy enough to spot on the table without even removing the grip panels........easy peasy:cool::rolleyes:;)

NukeRef

Bearcat
The current MKII, MKIII magazines will work. Should be available directly from Ruger. The button is reversible so no issue there.
Mk I and Std buttons are 1/4" diameter; Mk II and later buttons are 5/16" diameter and may bind up in an A-54 frame. This can be fixed by filing the edges down.