Mark 4 No.2

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loiblb

Single-Sixer
Old WW2 rifles are only cool if they are not cut down or Bubba-ized to death
This is one that made it through it with very little battle damage. Made in the UK

Attachments

• 303 1.jpg
    303 1.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 303 2.jpg
    303 2.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 303 3.jpg
    303 3.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 78
One of my early purchases was a rifle just lije yours. I was buying sealed cases of military ammo from the 50's. In stripper clips and bandoliers. I shot at least 1000 rounds through that rifle.

In my opinion its the finest bolt action military rifle ever made. Ergonomic were perfect and silky smooth action.

Snake45

Hawkeye
That looks sweet! I bought one very much like it in the late '80s, when they were cheap (@ $100, IIRC). A decade or so later, I scored a Bubba-ed No. 5 Jungle Carbine at a garage sale for $50. Sadly, the rear sight ears had been removed or I'd have restored it by now, so I went a different way and put a sporter-type stock on it. (I'll have to find a picture of that.)

EnfieldNo4No5.jpg

...In my opinion its the finest bolt action military rifle ever made. Ergonomic were perfect and silky smooth action.

IIRC, one writer observed years ago, that the Springfield '03 made a fine target rifle, and the 98 Mauser made a fine hunting rifle, but the Lee-Enfield had them both beat as a combat rifle!
:)

I always thought it was interesting that the magazine was removable but it is not really meant to be removed during use.

I also have a no5 jungle carbine complete unmolested, but the bore is rough. It kicks like a mule.

Aqualung

Blackhawk
Nice No4. Yours looks to be a 1950 Fazakerly in very nice shape.

I have a "blonde" 1954 Fazakerly No4MK2 that looks like it was unissued before it was sent out into circulation. It shoots really well and I also have the bayonet.

I also have a 1946 BSA No5MK1 with all matching parts. It too handles very well. I've taken a doe with it, as it's a great brush rifle.

Aqualung

Snake45

Hawkeye
That looks sweet! I bought one very much like it in the late '80s, when they were cheap (@ $100, IIRC). A decade or so later, I scored a Bubba-ed No. 5 Jungle Carbine at a garage sale for $50. Sadly, the rear sight ears had been removed or I'd have restored it by now, so I went a different way and put a sporter-type stock on it. (I'll have to find a picture of that.)

View attachment 5355

Here's the No. 5 wearing its sports clothes. I bought the plastic stock first, then later, found a NOS wood one (Sile, maybe?). Interestingly, the plastic stock seems to be an excellent copy of the wood one.

EnfieldNo502.jpg

EnfieldNo501.jpg

Latest posts