Mark 2 gov. price check

Help Support Ruger Forum:

martyj

Blackhawk
Is 500.00 reasonable for a mark 2 gov. blued? Model MK-678G
Im not sure if these have a U.S. stamped on it and dont know if it should have.
As Ruger claims you guys know more about it than they do and I do believe they are correct.
thanks martyj

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
$500 may be on the high end. I know these have recently went up. I got two last year. Both were stainless. One was NIB the other LNIB (maybe shot once). Paid $365 OTD for each from different dealers (one from a local dealer, the other from an internet gun dealer). I saw a blued one at the gunshow last weekend for $325. It was being sold by a private individual and had just a little bluing wear near the muzzle, otherwise it was mint.

AkRay

Single-Sixer
I think if I saw a Ruger Government 22 pistol for $325.00, I'd jump on it. They look like really nice guns.

Geezer

Single-Sixer
The Government is one of the most sought after MK II's right now and they are bringing premium prices. As they dry up, they won't be getting any cheaper. Right now, $500 is at the upper end but some have sold for more if they have the original box and target. I guess it comes down to whether you want to gamble on finding one later at a cheaper price or get one now and let the price catch up.

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
I just saw another one yesterday at the Medina, Ohio gunshow. It was being sold by an individual walking around. It looked in mint condition with box, test target, and all paperwork. He was asking $375.