Single-Sixer
U.S. marked consecutive serial numbers.

Attachments

• 60F2BD49-2AD4-4323-B260-5C3AE3260686.jpeg
    60F2BD49-2AD4-4323-B260-5C3AE3260686.jpeg
    401.9 KB · Views: 103

rock 22

Single-Sixer
Now that is cool , it is TOO EASY as well as costly to buy two , consecutive at the same time.....it can be the thrill of the hunt, just ask my wife.....:cool::rolleyes:;)

Good job !!(y)(y)
Found one at gun show the other on gunbroker missed buying it took a year to run it down. Owner wouldn't sell but would trade for another had to buy another and then trade with him. Yes it has a real story just the highlights here.

Mongo40

Bearcat
What are Mark 1s worth, I have one I inherited when my father in law passed and wife got all his guns. Fun old pistols to shoot but hate the front sight post, it's so fat an wide that it makes it hard to shoot at targets.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum Mongo40!

To give a good idea of the value of your gun,, we'd need details. Condition, serial number (or most of it, example, 123xx) condition, which model, (Standard, target, bull target, etc,) condition, accessories, (box, papers etc,) condition.

These are a few things that greatly affect the value. There are a LOT of variations of the MKI Ruger.

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
Welcome to the Forum Mongo40!

To give a good idea of the value of your gun,, we'd need details. Condition, serial number (or most of it, example, 123xx) condition, which model, (Standard, target, bull target, etc,) condition, accessories, (box, papers etc,) condition.

These are a few things that greatly affect the value. There are a LOT of variations of the MKI Ruger.
And a photo!

amishjeff

Bearcat
I just got this Ruger Standard, which I assume is pre-Mk I, at a local gun show this weekend. I know with the serial number (5 digit 30k's) it is a 1952-1953 model and the black emblem dates it after 1951 if I am correct. Can anyone tell me if I am correct that the red emblem ended after Sturm's death in 1951. Also, any input into this model is greatly appreciated. I also own a Mk II gov. comp ss, Mk III 22/45 and am looking for that "just right " Mk IV.

Attachments

• ruger standard.jpg
    ruger standard.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Ruger Standard 1.jpg
    Ruger Standard 1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Ruger Standard 2.jpg
    Ruger Standard 2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Ruger Standard 3.jpg
    Ruger Standard 3.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 46
Hi Amishjeff. The red emblem was changed to black in late 1951 after Alex Sturm died. Does your new to you RST4 have the 2 piece tapered bolt? Take a picture of the back of the bolt if you can. If it's a 2 piece bolt you can tell by the flat keyed stub end with the flat facing either up or down.

amishjeff

Bearcat
Hi Amishjeff. The red emblem was changed to black in late 1951 after Alex Sturm died. Does your new to you RST4 have the 2 piece tapered bolt? Take a picture of the back of the bolt if you can. If it's a 2 piece bolt you can tell by the flat keyed stub end with the flat facing either up or down.
Hope this is better for you. Also included barrel due to info about "flat v tapered"? BTW, what is "RST4"?

Attachments

• ruger standard 6.jpg
    ruger standard 6.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 50
  • ruger standard 4.jpg
    ruger standard 4.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 52
  • ruger standard 5.jpg
    ruger standard 5.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 52