Mark 1 T678 poor trigger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bigfoot18

Bearcat
Pulled my NIB MK1 T678 out of the closet and decided to put into action. Took it all apart and cleaned off the old oil and polished moving parts. Trigger pull is very poor lots of creep and north of 4lbs. Called Volquartsen and they told me a MKll accurizing kit w/disconnector would need to be fitted and be $200+. Don't really want to put that kind of $ into it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

Slenk

Single-Sixer
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=300

You might find some help over here.

edlmann

Blackhawk
Bigfoot18 said:
Pulled my NIB MK1 T678 out of the closet and decided to put into action. Took it all apart and cleaned off the old oil and polished moving parts. Trigger pull is very poor lots of creep and north of 4lbs. Called Volquartsen and they told me a MKll accurizing kit w/disconnector would need to be fitted and be $200+. Don't really want to put that kind of $ into it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks
Try an adjustable trigger and sear, both available from Volquartsen. You could also try a Clark or AMT trigger, available from Numrich. Your other sear option is to have the original reworked by a professional. The VQ sear seems to be the best off-the-shelf drop-in replacement.