Mark 1 and 11 Mag release modifications.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LA ANDY

Bearcat
Please help me refresh my memory! 10 years or so ago a friend and I sent our pistols off to someone to have the mag release button installed just like on a colt 45 auto. They made a minor mod. to the mags so that they would work. Both of us don't have our pistols any more and can not remember WHO done the work for us.

Bullseye57

Single-Sixer
You probably sent them to the Broken Gun Ranch in Kansas. They are now defunct.

R,
Bullseye

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
Another option for a thumb release type of mag release for a MKI or MKII is an aftermarket device that almost anyone can install. It does require the use of the factory plastic grip as you have to cut a slot for the thumbpiece. It's called a "Speedjector" and was built by 2 different companies before they stopped production. I have a few of them & love them.

Bullseye57

Single-Sixer
They machined extensions into both of those parts for upgrading Ruger .22 Autos.

R,
Bullseye

LA ANDY

Bearcat
THANK YOU for the replys! I think Bullseye has got it right. As always I wish I had that one back. The conv. was a great looking and functional item. The mags just had to have a small cut made into them to use with the new mag release. ANDY

Bullseye57

Single-Sixer
They cut a slot in the body, just like a 1911 mag, for the release to latch the mag in the frame,

R,
Bullseye