March 2010 Gun Show In Northern California - Photos Added

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lovemydals

Buckeye
Hey All You Northern California Ruger Forum members,

There's a gun show next weekend (March 6th & 7th) at the Redding Convention Center, 777 Auditorium Dr., Redding, CA (off Hwy 44). The Redding Breakfast Lions Club is hosting their 28th Annual Antique & Modern Guns, Antiques & Collectibles Show. Proceeds generated at this show will be used for local youth & charitable projects. There will be numerous firearms displays on hand, along with numerous vendors selling firearms & related items, plus a wide selection of antiques for sale. Come on by & enjoy the show. Be sure to check in with me (lovemydals). I look forward to seeing you.

lmd

lovemydals

Buckeye
I will be there, with display & trade tables. I will be displaying my Harrington & Richardson display. Sorry, no Rugers this time. Look forward to meeting you.

lmd

XLIV

Single-Sixer
Good to see you Dennis. I realize youre still there today but thanks for your help with my 922 question.

lovemydals

Buckeye
First & foremost, Thanks CDFingers for the wonderful write up on this show & my Dal's! It was nice to meet you & southpaw13, plus meet up with XLIV again! It was a great show! On Sunday afternoon, one of the Redding Breakfast Lions Club members stated that they were nearing the 3,700 attendance mark. That's a lot of show goers!

Here are photos of where the Redding Breakfast Lions Club holds their show;

DSC_0532-1.jpg

DSC_0533.jpg

Here are photos of my Harrington & Richardson firearms display;

DSC_0544.jpg

DSC_0542.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg

DSC_0598.jpg

DSC_0599.jpg

DSC_0600.jpg

DSC_0601.jpg

Here are photos of a Ruger "pre warning" Old Army display (not mine);

DSC_0578.jpg

DSC_0579.jpg

Here are photos of the "Huey for the 'Nam vets among us" & Jeep display;

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

Here are photos of the 101st Airborne Division display;

DSC_0571.jpg

DSC_0569.jpg

DSC_0570.jpg

DSC_0574.jpg

DSC_0575.jpg

Here are photos of my friend Gregg's M1 Garand Display;

DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0546.jpg

DSC_0547.jpg

Here are photos of the other M1 Garand & 1903 rifle Display;

DSC_0586.jpg

DSC_0588.jpg

DSC_0589.jpg

Here are photos of the "Punt Gun" display;

DSC_0593.jpg

DSC_0594.jpg

Here are photos of the Field Artillery Re-enactors Association display;

DSC_0596.jpg

DSC_0595.jpg

Here are photos of the William Arthur Thomas, "Chief of Detectives" Sacramento Police Department. The caption in the center photos says something about a rumor that the Japanese were going to invade California in 1942 & they are handing out guns & ammo.

DSC_0566.jpg

DSC_0567.jpg

flattop44

Buckeye
Great photos. That is a very impressive H&R display, thanks for showing it to us. In my opinion, these are the type of shows that we need all over the country!
FT44

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey if you are looking for another amazing DISPLAY SHOW try the OGCA in MAY........LOTS of really OUTSTANDING STUFF.......and one Ruger display......that doesn't count Rugerguy, FLAT TOP44, or Rich M's trade tables.....they usually have more for sale than you can believe......it is a MEMBERS ONLY show but if anyone is interested I am sure we can get you in......just don't "LEAN ON THE WALL" ( private joke for OGCA members).......see ya RR.

flattop44

Buckeye
Rod is right, simply outstanding displays from all over the country are brought to the OGCA display shows (May 22nd & 23rd). We can help get guests in if you can attend.

And if you like Rugers the upcoming Harrisburg, PA Ruger Display show next weekend (March 20th & 21st) will be a great one to attend. I believe there are 13 Ruger Displays signed up and we will have a dinner and an auction on Sat. night. There will be several trade tables specializing in Rugers too. Hope you can attend!!

FT44

lovemydals

Buckeye
There were other displays at the show that I couldn't share due to I didn't have permission to do so. There was a really nice Hi Standard Automatic Pistol display, Japanese Nambu Pistol display, Marlin Lever Action Rifle display & Marlin handguns too. Next year I will be displaying Rugers!

d findley

Single-Sixer
Outstanding H&R display. Nice to see a brand of firearms that is seldom displayed. Mush have taken a long time to find this many nice H&Rs.

lovemydals

Buckeye
d findley,

Been working on it since the mid to late 1980's. It all started when I received my mom's old S&W 38 breaktop revolver that came with a box of 38 S&W cartridges. Not sure if it belonged to her father or grandfather. I wasn't sure I wanted to shoot it because of it's age, so I bought an H & R DA revolver in 38 S&W that was from the 1970's, being a more modern handgun I felt it would be safer to expend those cartridges. Can't remember if I ever did shoot it, because I read an article in the American Rifleman magazine stating that H & R closed their doors in Jan 1986. After reading that, I was off & running with the goal to build a nice display & share it with people at gun shows. I think I have been successful. Thanks for the compliments!

lmd