Making a DAO GP-100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tek4260

Buckeye
Remove(file) the sear from the hammer. Leave the DA sear as is. Have heard it called the hammer dog as well. Might as well bob the hammer as well since it will no longer cock in SA mode. I'll see if I can find a pic later and post it here.

Might be able to purchase a DAO hammer from Ruger and simply swap it out. Better to do it this way, since you can go back if you don't like it.

wildturk

Single-Sixer
tek4260":asgqeju9 said:
Remove(file) the sear from the hammer. Leave the DA sear as is. Have heard it called the hammer dog as well. Might as well bob the hammer as well since it will no longer cock in SA mode. I'll see if I can find a pic later and post it here.

Might be able to purchase a DAO hammer from Ruger and simply swap it out. Better to do it this way, since you can go back if you don't like it.
Ruger won't sell the hammer to you. They might "install" it for you if you send the gun. Do a search online, GP Parts are easy to come by. I'll look, I might still have the DAO, spurless hammer I removed from my GP when I went to a spurred hammer.