Magnum cylinder for single six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Three50seven

Buckeye
You'll have to send it to them to get fitted. if it's an old model (three screw) they will convert it whether you want it converted or not...

flatgate

Hawkeye
FWIW, many folks have "found", via used gun parts sellers, a .22 mag. cylinder that either fits OK or can be easily fitted to their Single-Sixes.

JMHO,

flatgate

G2

Hunter
Send it to Ruger ~$145 and yes your unconverted gun will return converted.

Find one on Ruger Fourm, Gun Broker, ect. ~$50 and a competent gunsmith will fit it for ~$30.

If you go the find it route, it will help to know that your current .22lr cylinder OAL is. FWIW Mag cylinders are fairly easy to find.

sourdough44

Single-Sixer
FYI, I was looking for one about a year ago & bought the 22mag cylinder on Gunbroker($50 + shipping) & it fit's as well as my other Single-Six with both factory cylinders. I bought a stainless for my blued SS & it is nice and tight.

Another bit if info; The 22mag cylinder from my other single-six would not fit this 2nd gun without much 'binding'. Maybe it could of been gently 'worked', which I wouldn't do since it was on another complete gun.

hittman

Staff member
I measured the L.R. cylinder and placed a Want To Buy ad in the Classified section here.

A few days and about $60 later I had a mag cylinder. I'm not a gunsmith but believed it fit and functioned perfectly. My local guru's agreed and I've put a few hundred rounds through it without a problem.