Magazine options

Help Support Ruger Forum:

shott8283

Bearcat
New to the SR9 and to handguns (owning them anyways)

what are there for options for SR9 mags? I have two of the stock ruger made in italy SR9 10 rnd mags that came with the gun.

just curious is to whats out there and what to look for and what not to use.

kscott

Single-Sixer
A lot of it depends on your situation. Are you in a restricted state which is why you have 10 and not 17 rounders? Also personally I would only
use Ruger mags for any kind of personal protection, but I'd probably be willing to give a cheaper aftermarket mag a chance if it was only
for range use.

jhearne

Buckeye
The factory Mags are made by Mec-Gar and they make a very solid chunk of the mags for modern pistols today. Like kscott said, some states impose restrictions on what they deem as a "High-Capacity" Magazine, and only allow the sale of 10 round Pistol Mags or less.

New York, California and Maryland are the main ones that I recall having restrictions. I think Hawaii might have some rules in place and Massachusetts might too.

Josh

shott8283

Bearcat
im in a restricted state . which sucks.

only SR9 mags can work in the SR9? was just curious if there was any cross between other manufacturers, possibly some pre-ban options.

any aftermarket suggested vendors for SR9 mags?

jhearne

Buckeye
No, the SR9 is a specific design as do most guns. There are a few Ruger cross platform Mag options like the P95 Pistol with the PC-9 Carbine. They use the same mags. But for the SR9 your limited to buying the 10 round mags. Currently you can only get Ruger mags. Check the link for the Mods/Accessories post in my Signature. I have a few links to some sites that sell mags for the SR9.

Josh

jhearne

Buckeye
lol, no problem. I just have a good memory and can recall things (smaller details usually) without much time or hands on to figure it out. Also, I got a decent attention to detail, plus I'm happy to help.

Josh